1st post

CactusJack

Hi everyone, just registered.

A little bit about me.

I,ve been an angler 49 years,started when I was 6.

My main fishing is with the fly but have sea fished for the same number of years. I was fortunate that I lived near the coast at Seaham Harbour and the river Wear at Durham.

Since moving down south 7 years ago I,ve tried coarse fishing, best fish a carp of 9lbs.

Cheers

Ron.

Welcome Jack,

Its good to see youngsters showing an interest ;):lol:

Roll your sleeves up and get stuck in we are quite a freindly lot.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Welcome to the forum Ron. You'll find us a friendly bunch on here.

Whereabouts "down South" are you based? South of Durham is a heck of a big area!

Janet

Hi Janet, thanks for the welcome.

I,m down in Berkshire, between Windsor and Ascot.

Ron.

Hi ron

If you fancy some hard flyfishing "using yer brain stuff" try Halliford mere at shepperton middx, just the other side of heathrow. £20 c/r club house "beer" :rolleyes: nice looking lakes, a good challenge. Black knats at the mo or greased up small montys :thumbs: As you can tell its my local lake, should be getting commission.

gaz

Hi ron

If you fancy some hard flyfishing "using yer brain stuff" try Halliford mere at shepperton middx, just the other side of heathrow. £20 c/r club house "beer" :rolleyes: nice looking lakes, a good challenge. Black knats at the mo or greased up small montys :thumbs: As you can tell its my local lake, should be getting commission.

gaz

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for the info.

I had heard about Halliford from some guys that fish at my local water.

I will get round to giving it a go there but am off on holiday on Sunday for a couple of weeks, will give it a try when I get back.

Ron.

Thanks for the welcome five bellies, your not the jimmy that used to drink with Gazza are you

He is practicly Anorexic compared to me :thumbs:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!