How stupid am I (Very pleased though!)

MatNewman

LOL - the real comfort in reading all these stories is that it is only people who fish a lot and have success who can manage the occasional dumb stunt.

At least I hope that is the case since otherwise there is no way for me to excuse several rods and one tackle box (all done at different times) that are now on a lake bottom rather than at home waiting for my next trip.

What, either you didn't learn from the first occasion OR you needed an excuse for buying a new rod. Personally I rate you as too intellegent for it to be the first option. ;-)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is odd, the loss of rods.

I have fished all my life since the age of 2 years so quite a while.

In that time, I have lost exactly two rods and both those were within the same year (2001 I think). Clumsy accidents, both, but different circumstances.

The lost tackle box did give me a good excuse to buy a larger boat though. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Left my rod unattended whilst I went to help a mate and turned round just in time to see my rod take off. My despairing dive just missed and all my gear got towed off by the boat in whose prop my line had got tangled.

Another mate was playing stupid and hooked me in the nose in Leatherhead town centre. Cue him trying to pick the hook out of my hooter whilst the townsfolk looked on confused and disgusted.