FLY FISHING IN NORFOLK

WALCOTT

Walcott

Try a fishery called Rocklands Mere. It's run by a chap called James Harrold, Nice chap who's always willing to help. They have a web site which will give you all the relevent contact numbers and directions.

The fishery is predominatly a surface water, but as with all waters you are guided by the fish and condutions. You can even maggot drown on an adjacent lake should the urge take you.

You could also try the Narbourgh lakes complex. I can not vouch for it personally as I haven't fished it. I beleave that the complex has something for everyone from a specimen lake to a river that you fly fish on.

There are quite few more places to fly fish but they are club waters and as such I'm unsure of their policies on guest anglers.

I hope that this helps.

squibs :P

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

Walcott

Try a fishery called Rocklands Mere. It's run by a chap called James Harrold, Nice chap who's always willing to help. They have a web site which will give you all the relevent contact numbers and directions.

The fishery is predominatly a surface water, but as with all waters you are guided by the fish and condutions. You can even maggot drown on an adjacent lake should the urge take you.

You could also try the Narbourgh lakes complex. I can not vouch for it personally as I haven't fished it. I beleave that the complex has something for everyone from a specimen lake to a river that you fly fish on.

There are quite few more places to fly fish but they are club waters and as such I'm unsure of their policies on guest anglers.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks for that but I fish that water.what I was wanting is some new places to me.You have probably seen me at Rocklands..cheers

Narborough is OK but very easy and expensive - you pay an entry fee and then pay per pound of fish you take away (don't know current price per £). There's no limit so it's easy to catch several fish quite quickly, which can work out expensive (especially if one or two are big)! Not much of a challenge. The stream is also very easy, tiny and well stocked with rainbows.

There's fly fishing on the Wensum at Fakenham - much more challenging and beautiful.

There used to be a lovely trout lake at Woodlakes near Stow Bridge (that's where I learnt to fly fish) but unfortunately it's now a carp lake.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• 4 weeks later...
There's fly fishing on the Wensum at Fakenham - much more challenging and beautiful.

I can vouch for this. It's also free on a lengthy stretch downstream of the old mill (now a hotel) and on the short stretch upstream. Definite fish life in there, so you wouldn't be wasting your time but you'll need to have your roll cast nicely honed...