Need help with buying barrow trolley

Vas

Hi, i hope this is right wrong forum, i couldn't rly find anything about fishing gear discussion just sales.

I am looking to get cheap barrow around £50 range if its possible. Size dont matter to me i only carry seat box, bucket and a keep-net bag with me. I will be taking it to rivers with very rough roads, holes, grass etc... i want something that will not break in the process. Can someone recommend me good barrow trolley for this please?

thanks

There are plenty about, especially on Ebay. You need to make sure that the support base is wide enough so that your box doesn't foul the wheels, yet narrow enough so that the box doesn't slip through. I recommend pneumatic tyres as they ride the bumps best. Mine has no name but your local tackle shop should have them in. Basically you want a trolley not a barrow. I use the large Sahkespeare superteam box with no problems. If you travel by car make sure it will fit !!

Edited by wotnobivvy

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

thx for the tip mate, i have seen a lot on internet but most of the have bad reviews and the other ones have a mixed ones. Not sure what to get, dont really have more then 50 quid to spend on one atm. Ill have a look at my tackle shop, there was a flat platform one that looked pretty solid for 50 quid but there was nothing else on it to hold your gear on...im not sure maybe i missed something i will have to have a proper look next time im in there.

i see, will it not fall and straps will stretch when going up hill or down hill ? ( possibly one of them shooting in ur face =/) or is it designed to be flat whenever you carrying it ?

Edited by Vas

no problems if you stretch them tight and make sure the hooks are secure

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

ended up buying it from my local shop for £45, i didnt even realize that platform barrows transform into sitting platforms! that is insanely good! i only have cheap seat box with no foot plate so that will help a lot in very muddy pegs :) legs also help to hold any gear in place so only need 2 straps to hold it all :) cant wait to test it

Edited by Vas