back fishing after a 10 year absence (lincolnshire)

steve1971

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever fished the country park ?

no i havent......it always looks way too choppy each time ive biked around it??

also, dont want to get pestered with the "caught owt mister" kids........heared there are some good fish there

didnt the stock from the boating lake go in there?

well i never Steve.

I saw you catch your first carp but obviously dident know it was you.

Me and Tom was plauged by gudgeon and as you noticed in the end we moved.

Alas we moved onto more gudgeon and at 2.30pm i decided i had had inough.

I was a tad dissapointed in the venue but ill give it another go as it looks nice and maybe i got my tactics and bait wrong.

I fished pellet over loosefeed pellets and groundbait and also maggot.

The owner said it hadent fished well the last 2 days so i dident expect much.

Tom had a small tench and lost a carp on worm due to a iffy knot.............ahh youth and there slap happy ways lol.

I really liked the look of the peg by the island and really thought i would have cought more.

Im working this weekend so it will be another week or so before i wet a line.

Have you heard of fishsim steve?

no i havent......it always looks way too choppy each time ive biked around it??

also, dont want to get pestered with the "caught owt mister" kids........heared there are some good fish there

didnt the stock from the boating lake go in there?

No sure of the history. My girlfriends family are from Cleethorpes so I'm there every Xmas. Her mums' boyfriend is always going on about how theres big uns in there.

Tony

Have you heard of fishsim steve?

sorry to hear you had a bad day, my neighbour only caught 1 x carp of approx 3lb ish...........??

i must have been lucky for once, although the owner also told us its fishing poor at the moment

perhaps now the water temp is dropping and the fish slowing down?? jsut as im getting back into fishing too

im away from sunday at milton keynes for a week, but hope to fish on sunday 21st........havent decided where yet

yes i have heared of fishsim, ive downloaded the demo but it doesnt work...........it looks good and when the post is all sorted i'll order a copy

this post strike is playing havoc with my ebay enterprising :angry:

ive just won a brand new maver 151 nanolith 14.5m pole on ebay for £375 (£499 new) (625g at 11m)

so if you know anyone who wants a

{edit note: please post that offer with details in the 'for sale' section. Newt}

Some interesting stuff here... Particularly about Fulstow. I went there loads when I was 18-19 (26 now) and never caught much, but I have improved vastly since then - I hope anyway

I am wondering if anyone has methods for catching fish in the canal. I keep going back there and have so far caught 1 trout and 1 eel, and that'sit

If anyone has any info I can trade in my Bain secrets. I know of spots where never seen anyone fishing and have caught a 3 lb roach, and no roach under 1 lb, lovely chubs and some massive perch. It really is the best rive rI have ever fished.

Are people talkng about the pond in the wood down station road? I used to live down there and remember when there was no pond at all, then a pond with no fish but now people say it looks great - I am intrigued

not sure where abouts station rd is........but the pond we are talking of is down jubilee rd

i sat with my neighbour at the brickyard fisheries on saturday (cartwrights ponds), nothing prolific was being caught and the place could do with being dragged into modern times, a bit grotty

the pegs are either overgrown or the wooden platforms very very dodgy...........shame as it could be nice there

have some fond memories of Fulstow, fishing as a kid, and was there with my brother when the house burnt down!!, never ever had a dry net there even as a clueless kid (im now a clueless adult ha ha !!) but on visiting it the other week, the small pond is un approachable and the large pond was like the north sea!!

i too would like to fish the louth canal / tetney lock and local rivers this winter, would love some "Bain" tips, but im afraid i've nothing to trade?

hopefully going to fish a "secret" pond in a out of town village on sunday........friend of a friend and all that stuff.........if it comes off i'll post the results...........even better if i manage to elasticate my new Maver pole, its so light it'll be a treat to use it

has anyone fished Hunters Lodge in Elsham........ive been on the GY sports telegraph site and it seems to be a popular place

Jubilee road, dont even know it. Are we talking about Tetney here? If so, how can you not know station road? - it's the road which, unsurprisingly, has the old railway line on it.

As for Fulstow, sounds like not worth going back. That old boy there should actually do some tidying up..

As for the Bain, I won't give the magic spot away as took us lots of trial and error involved here, but you can fish anywhere really, especially around Horncastle. Ledger with luncheon meat for those chub, and float fish on maggot for those roach/perch (tho they love the worms too - nothing groundbreaking there). There's also quite a few Pike about in places, not had one out the water and I only know cos my fish and line disappeared in a silver flash !

I wonder if the secret pond was the same I went to the other day - strictly legal, of course...

Does anyone fish Croxby pond at all? Or used to.. Trying to find out what happened to it

ah................we have our lines crossed

i thought you where talking of nth somercotes

the "secret" pond has all the usual fish & is way off the beaten track nr the humber bridge and as soon as planning is granted i think it'll become day ticketrship or member............it has been fished a handfull of times this year by only 3 people ... rumoured (acording to the owner) to have a 40lb+ carp..........but unfortunately tackling up and fishing for big carp just doesnt interest me.........i'll stick to the sub 10 pounders and not get into big rigs and pod setups etc

the only pod im interested in is white, has headphones and plays music

may try the bain soon, im not after your secrets but are there any good "known" spots??