back fishing after a 10 year absence (lincolnshire)

steve1971

I fished Croxby pond years ago when it was a private trout fishery.

It also had huge rudd in and some big carp.

Alas it was fly fishing only.

I know Richard walker fished it many a year ago.

I dont know what fishery it is now or who owns the rights to the fishing.

Im thinking of joining the pond in the middle of a plantation at Barnolby le Beck next year.

As any members of AN fished it before?

I too fancy the bain but everytime ive fished it in Horncastle near the supermarket ive only had small roach.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

want to do some river fishing, so if anyone has hints on teney lock and the ancholme (venues and tackle) then i would appreciate it

Hi,

The Ancholme around the Brigg Island is a superb winter venue for all species. Either the Leisure centre/Cake Mills stretch on the New River or the Springs/Cadney Road stretches are all good. But if you do fish the old river, especially on the Springs stretch, check for dog poo before putting your gear down ! Once bitten, twice as careful !!!!

There is also good predator fishing here and Perch over 3lb have been caught. The best pike that I'm aware of went 29lb 14oz.

Its Scunny waters but day tickets are available on the bank if you don't want to buy a book.

Cheers

Ron

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Tyke

I'm in the Tetney area (Humberston) and am looking for a pond to join.

Is the pond in tetney you mentioned haven angling club or is it a different one??

cheers

Just seen this Bok.

The pond in Tetney does not have a club, its in Tetney village down inghams road and not easy to find.

Membership is expensive and you can only fish one rod but its a good fishery.

There are ponds at Tetney lock that i think are run by a Angling club.

Dont bother with the Bullrushes pond on the way to Tetney past the garage, its a wind tunnel and too near the road for peaceful fishing.