Alderney Shore Fishing Festival 2007

alderneyangling

:D

It is the penultimate day to the start of the annual Alderney Shore Fishing Festival. It looks like another good turn out with cars arriving on the quay mid week to get round problems with hiring vehicles, anglers have now started to fly in and already we are seeing cars bombing around the island with rod tips poking out the back, out the windows and out of sunroofs it is a sight to behold!

It is a seven day extravaganza whereby if you are well in to it planning of weather and tides is of major importance as is sleep deprivation. However there are those, thankfully, who just enjoy being here amongst the atmosphere and don't need to go to those lengths and enjoy the week for what it is, a meeting of friends (and rivalries) and a very good chance of enjoying some terrific fishing.

There are nine categories whereby at the end of the week the best top 5 specimens in each category will be awarded prizes ranging from £50 to £150. There is a ladies category, a veteran category, team prizes, pairs and then the coveted Top UK Angler and Top CI Angler. I will be fishing as well as Fieona will have the reigns on the shop and it will be the most involved I have been in the four years I have been here, although at this point I have no plan and no gear ready, I am though thoroughly looking forward to it. Weather looks lovely which is unusual so keep logging on to this page daily for updates.

http://www.alderneyangling.com/latestreports.htm

:D

It is the penultimate day to the start of the annual Alderney Shore Fishing Festival. It looks like another good turn out with cars arriving on the quay mid week to get round problems with hiring vehicles, anglers have now started to fly in and already we are seeing cars bombing around the island with rod tips poking out the back, out the windows and out of sunroofs it is a sight to behold!

It is a seven day extravaganza whereby if you are well in to it planning of weather and tides is of major importance as is sleep deprivation. However there are those, thankfully, who just enjoy being here amongst the atmosphere and don't need to go to those lengths and enjoy the week for what it is, a meeting of friends (and rivalries) and a very good chance of enjoying some terrific fishing.

There are nine categories whereby at the end of the week the best top 5 specimens in each category will be awarded prizes ranging from £50 to £150. There is a ladies category, a veteran category, team prizes, pairs and then the coveted Top UK Angler and Top CI Angler. I will be fishing as well as Fieona will have the reigns on the shop and it will be the most involved I have been in the four years I have been here, although at this point I have no plan and no gear ready, I am though thoroughly looking forward to it. Weather looks lovely which is unusual so keep logging on to this page daily for updates.

http://www.alderneyangling.com/latestreports.htm

:D Hi Mark, your papers may be delayed by the UK mail strike, if there are any boats coming over Monday let me know and I'll put a bundle on for you. :angry:

Nice one Mark, better pull your finger out or Dick wont let you in his team again

Great night tonight, but still no fish on the board. My mate got another, a 3lb 8oz Sole. Think I'll be getting the sack. Caught loads of fish though and a few were so close but then I guess that is everyone story, cheers Gareth