Fishing in Norfolk

KarenC

Hi Karen, Another option would be the Waveney for chub (you might well guess) especially at Bungay Common. Loads of water to take the 11 of your party, plus more water close by.

Have not found the info I promised on the Wensum yet, its in one of the GSG mags I loaned to a friend

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

Have a look at the KLAA website (http://www.kingslynnaa.btinternet.co.uk/) for loads of options in fenland. The Wissey fishes really well in autumn and winter, especially for roach and pike, and the cut-off channel does well in autumn/winter too for tench, bream, roach, pike, and zander. The middle level is still fishing well for bream and zander, with rumours of one or two very big perch as well.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Karen, Another option would be the Waveney for chub (you might well guess) especially at Bungay Common. Loads of water to take the 11 of your party, plus more water close by.

Have not found the info I promised on the Wensum yet, its in one of the GSG mags I loaned to a friend

Bearing in mind you have to be a member of a Sufolk A.A.A affiliated club (Bungay Cherry Tree, Fleece A.C, Harleston and Diss or Southwold A.C) to fish The Waveney on Bungay Common or alternatively buy a Bungay Cherry Tree, river day ticket for a fiver from Reads in Bungay town centre...

The upper rivers around this way have been low and clear for the last couple of weeks but it's been chucking it down since around 10 a.m this morning.

I went out this lunchtime for a very brief go and had probably one of my most successful Chub session in respects to fish/minutes spent fishing. I fished a tiny mill pool on the Upper Waveney, under the shelter of a Weeping Willow, had 3 Chub to around 4lb's in the space of about 20 minutes on freelined meat, got drenched, took the rod down, popped the net in the back of the car and went home..

The water coming over the weir was already starting to colour and speed up.. If it clears up as forcast tommorow all the rivers round here will be in tip top Autumn condition by the weekend...

Bearing in mind you have to be a member of a Sufolk A.A.A affiliated club (Bungay Cherry Tree, Fleece A.C, Harleston and Diss or Southwold A.C) to fish The Waveney on Bungay Common or alternatively buy a Bungay Cherry Tree, river day ticket for a fiver from Reads in Bungay town centre...

The upper rivers around this way have been low and clear for the last couple of weeks but it's been chucking it down since around 10 a.m this morning.

I went out this lunchtime for a very brief go and had probably one of my most successful Chub session in respects to fish/minutes spent fishing. I fished a tiny mill pool on the Upper Waveney, under the shelter of a Weeping Willow, had 3 Chub to around 4lb's in the space of about 20 minutes on freelined meat, got drenched, took the rod down, popped the net in the back of the car and went home..

The water coming over the weir was already starting to colour and speed up.. If it clears up as forcast tommorow all the rivers round here will be in tip top Autumn condition by the weekend...

Hi Dant,

Mark is the guy who runs Cherry Tree, lovely guy, shpild of taken my little one for a match there but 1st day thounder and lighting (not a good idea with kids nad carbon poles!! Hahah) and disarster the 2nd, but hay!

After throwing it around with the guys, bruce, John an I decided it will he Hellesdon mill...yes VERY LIMITED barbel pegs but a good head of Chub al the same.....They are determind to get e a REAL Barbel (my last one was from a lake!) ....Watch this space..

Thanks all for yor help :D

I'll let you know how we all get on Saturday ;)

Real women don't have hot flushes - They have power surges!!

sorry im way to late to awnser this but i went out last weekend to benwick theres a free strech which has a variety of everything we had a brilliant day catching tench big perch roach bream and even got a big rough which was brill to see again havnt seen 1 in years the place is heaving with pike aswell if thats your bag

tight lines

sorry im way to late to awnser this but i went out last weekend to benwick theres a free strech which has a variety of everything we had a brilliant day catching tench big perch roach bream and even got a big rough which was brill to see again havnt seen 1 in years the place is heaving with pike aswell if thats your bag

HIya Stuchef

Well after looking at Hellesdon Mill decided to park up on Costessy we were told the water had risen 18" in a week but hay!

unfortunatly after 2 sharp frosts, blazing sunshine and water of only 10 degrees of whick was still rising due to the sluices being opened, no Barbel this week-end, a few Chub & Dace came out and 1 of te guys got his very 1st pike on the 1st chuck so he was well happy hahhahaa

Thanks for all your help etc..a good week-end but the only thing that was flowing well was all the alcohol at night when we all met up hahahhah - next time!! :yeah:

Real women don't have hot flushes - They have power surges!!