ABU6501C Camo

Dick Dastardly

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a huge market in Japan for “classic” Abu models and the 1500, 1600 IAR and 2500 was available in Japan long after they had gone in Europe and America. In fact, 1500 and 2500 reels was reintroduced early this year in Japan for a limited time period.

ABU1500 & 2500

Likewise there are a dozen of companies in Japan that offers some amazing tuning part for ABU reels, Zpi and Avail being the more known companies. The world record for distance casting (more than 116 meters with a 5/8oz casting weight) was set by an English man using an ABU 2500 reel fitted with a lightweight Avail aluminium spool.

The most extreme ABU reel introduced over the last few years, by far, are the limited edition ZPI tuned ABU Morrun AE74 reel.

ABU AE74 reel

Edited by Vidar6

Budgie - the vast majority of home grown (as opposed to ex-Pat) US carpers not only use multipliers but I think that particular size is probably the most common although not in LHW.

I have a good set of bank sticks that are purpose made for that reel style & size. Tomorrow I'll snap a photo and post it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Do you mean these ones of yours Newt?

post-142-1223934203_thumb.jpg

There is a huge market in Japan for “classic” Abu models and the 1500, 1600 IAR and 2500 was available in Japan long after they had gone in Europe and America. In fact, 1500 and 2500 reels was reintroduced early this year in Japan for a limited time period.

ABU1500 & 2500

Likewise there are a dozen of companies in Japan that offers some amazing tuning part for ABU reels, Zpi and Avail being the more known companies. The world record for distance casting (more than 116 meters with a 5/8oz casting weight) was set by an English man using an ABU 2500 reel fitted with a lightweight Avail aluminium spool.

The most extreme ABU reel introduced over the last few years, by far, are the limited edition ZPI tuned ABU Morrun AE74 reel.

ABU AE74 reel

The pre 1980 1500C is the only reel I need to complete my collection (well UK models anyway) I have one that I brought spares or repair but have struggled to get the origonal bits.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Yup. That's the one.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I use my lightweight lure outfit to on a set of banksticks now and again when I go wobbling. If I want to leave my bait lying for 20 minutes, have a smoke, eat my sarnies or something, I can prop my rod up and stick a wee pocket bobbin on. It's a bit rough and ready but it works.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...