ABU6501C Camo

Dick Dastardly

The one that realy gets me though Emma is when I see a camnet chucked over a bivvy! Why? especially when they have a mega candle power "bivvy" light and the telly blaring!

I like camo gear but cant stand the "must have" hype some try to justify it with. I used to thnk that people you saw off the bank wearing Realtree were sad but I just cant stop wearing mine! Its about all Ive got (curtousey of the US mail order giants) that fits me now!

Strange thing though is that after 12 years in the Army I vowed I would grow my hair long,never shave again and wear anything but green! Didnt last long Im afraid to say! soon as hair got to brushable length I had to get it off,nearly done the shaving thing but the birds dont like the full beard! and as for green clothes.....must be institutionalised I suppose!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If something has long sleeves and it's beyond everyday wear, it stands a very good chance of becoming part of my fish-wear. I tend to fish in hues of washed-out grey, black, blue and even sometimes green but to be honest, I'd wear HI-VIZ if I thought I'd be warm. The fish certainly couldn't give a crap! If you move slowly enough you can just about stand on any fish but you aren't going to get far in camo gear if you're singing. Camo stuff is nice but I'd never buy it thinking I'd have some advantage....lol

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

It's great to be free of the restrictions imposed by the 'Queens regulations for the army', but as you point out some aspects of the life are difficult to shake off. For me wearing a mix of combats and civvies felt uncomfortable it being 'mixed dress'. I have got over that now, and although green featured heavily in my wardrobe once as I was always out shooting, working dogs or fishin', I have managed to move away from it in 'day-to-day' wear, preferring black, purple and pink when not ata the waterside (and sometimes when I am).

I did 18 years and have undergone significant personal changes since I left.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Camo stuff is nice but I'd never buy it thinking I'd have some advantage....lol

But you would have Andy...............................................

ADVANTAGE Realtree! ;)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Eeew no. That snakehead reel has little metal handles. That's probably nice when it's boiling hot rain outside for 23 hours of the day but try jerkbaiting all day on a windswept Scottish loch when your hands are wet. Even rubber handles are hard going and I often have to fish with fingerless gloves. It's also a bit gay. I'll stick to drab black and silvers etc.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Cabelas probably sell them already.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...