SEA-OTTER 2 LAST SATURDAY

big_cod

Some of the guys who came fishing with me asked me to post this report up on the anglers net as they often look on this site .

Last saturday the clay cross angling club had there monthly trip out on sea-otter 2 and as most of there trips this year have been very good on this on they managed 2 fish over 20lb plus the best cod going over 16lb and all of thses fish were caught inside of 4 miles from the shore but a few miles to the south of whitby on one wreck except the cod which came of some very rough ground which i fish on the small tides it consists of some big ledges and will often throw out the odd cod around the 20lb mark this ground is only 3.2 miles from the shore again just to the south of whitby .

Freds cod which fell to squid .

3milecod.jpg

Petes ling fell to a shad.

3mileling.jpg

Daves ling fell to squid and mackeral.

3mileling1.jpg

regards

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Some of the guys who came fishing with me asked me to post this report up on the anglers net as they often look on this site .

Last saturday the clay cross angling club had there monthly trip out on sea-otter 2 and as most of there trips this year have been very good on this on they managed 2 fish over 20lb plus the best cod going over 16lb and all of thses fish were caught inside of 4 miles from the shore but a few miles to the south of whitby on one wreck except the cod which came of some very rough ground which i fish on the small tides it consists of some big ledges and will often throw out the odd cod around the 20lb mark this ground is only 3.2 miles from the shore again just to the south of whitby .

Freds cod which fell to squid .

3milecod.jpg

Pets ling fell to a shad.

3mileling.jpg

Daves ling fell to squid and mackeral.

3mileling1.jpg

regards

paul.

Nice fish paul we had a cracking day on friday Braimy and i just off bay some nice fish to biggest 16 lb but a lot in four to six bracket weather looks good for a good few days so hope to get out again need a boat without a licence orkney longliner anyone got one for sale .

Nice fish paul we had a cracking day on friday Braimy and i just off bay some nice fish to biggest 16 lb but a lot in four to six bracket weather looks good for a good few days so hope to get out again need a boat without a licence orkney longliner anyone got one for sale .

Yes andrew mark held the that good cod when you came past me on the boat in the harbour on friday i was just finishing off washing down looked a really nice fish great to get them in the shallow water on the light gear i was uptiding mon and tuesday last week and had around 50 codling each day the best might have gone 8lb but the signs look good for this winter once the herring spawn has gone it looks like a big winter for cod, i am down your kneck of the woods tonight fishing our club match there was a nice easterly movement this morning but it has dropped off through most of the day but there is a nice bit of colour in the water so i am haveing a go down bay side tonight might have to wait till you can reach the kelp to start getting the codlings but you never know as soon as it gets dark they might appear on the scaurs.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Yes andrew mark held the that good cod when you came past me on the boat in the harbour on friday i was just finishing off washing down looked a really nice fish great to get them in the shallow water on the light gear i was uptiding mon and tuesday last week and had around 50 codling each day the best might have gone 8lb but the signs look good for this winter once the herring spawn has gone it looks like a big winter for cod, i am down your kneck of the woods tonight fishing our club match there was a nice easterly movement this morning but it has dropped off through most of the day but there is a nice bit of colour in the water so i am haveing a go down bay side tonight might have to wait till you can reach the kelp to start getting the codlings but you never know as soon as it gets dark they might appear on the scaurs.

paul.

heard that one lad had ten codlings off bay wall one day last week and there has been one or two small bass down ness side one of the lads out of bay had a small net set down there and had some nice codling its clear down there at moment so you should be ok