Capturing live sound

Peter Sharpe

I'm sure this will seem a very basic question to most of you, but how do you capture a sound recording from a website on a PC?

I'm sure it should be easy, but I really don't know where to start.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

If you've listened to it, it should be in your temporary internet files folder.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi

You could try this: http://www.getfreesofts.com/soft/350/22875...rd_Edition.html

or this: http://streamripper.sourceforge.net/

Alternatively, Audacity should do it.

Cheers

Ian.

Thanks for those. I used to have Total Recorder on myold PC, but I never thought to use it for that. I have Audacity, but it doesn't seem to have an option for recording direct from a sound card - you have to "import a project" - whatever that means. I will have to play around with it a bit.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Audacity works perfectly for this, set the input (the drop down box in the top right corner of the window) to cd volume or stereo mix and just hit record.

Audacity works perfectly for this, set the input (the drop down box in the top right corner of the window) to cd volume or stereo mix and just hit record.

The drop down box in Audacity you mentioned is greyed out, so I started the DVD sound file going then hit record. It didn't capture anything.

I will see if I can download Total Recorder again.

Total Recorder is only a trial version, so that's out. Soundforge doesn't have the necessary plug-ins and the Windows recorder also won't recognise any sound being played from a file. I suppose it has saved me the tedium of transferring about two hours of sound from a Bob Dylan DVD recorded off the telly onto an audio CD for a mate of mine.

Edited by Peter Sharpe

Unfortunately, that site no longer exists.

I've just found this one though: http://www.geovid.com/Video_mp3_Extractor/

I'll have a play around with it tonight and report on it later.

You can still download Messer from there and use it . Works fine.

I can't see anything that looks like a download button, only this:

Wystąpił błąd. Strona nie została odnaleziona.

Możliwe przyczyny:

Został wpisany niepoprawny adres URL.

Strona, z której zostałeś przekierowany zawiera błąd.

Jeżeli wybrałeś adres z Ulubionych, może on być już nieaktualny.

Co możesz zrobić?

Sprawdź, czy w adresie URL nie ma błędów lub literówek. Zwróć uwagę na duże i małe litery oraz inne znaki. Jeżeli nie jesteś pewien, czy wpisujesz poprawny adres, spróbuj znaleźć stronę za pomocą wyszukiwarki...

Przepraszamy za wszelkie utrudnienia i niedogodności!

Użyj powyższego menu lub przycisku wstecz, aby opuścić tę stronę.

I've drawn a blank with everything. My video recorder creates files with the filetype of .vob which none of the conversion programs seem to recognise.