Capturing live sound

Peter Sharpe

I can't see anything that looks like a download button, only this:

Wystąpił błąd. Strona nie została odnaleziona.

Możliwe przyczyny:

Został wpisany niepoprawny adres URL.

Strona, z której zostałeś przekierowany zawiera błąd.

Jeżeli wybrałeś adres z Ulubionych, może on być już nieaktualny.

Co możesz zrobić?

Sprawdź, czy w adresie URL nie ma błędów lub literówek. Zwróć uwagę na duże i małe litery oraz inne znaki. Jeżeli nie jesteś pewien, czy wpisujesz poprawny adres, spróbuj znaleźć stronę za pomocą wyszukiwarki...

Przepraszamy za wszelkie utrudnienia i niedogodności!

Użyj powyższego menu lub przycisku wstecz, aby opuścić tę stronę.

I've drawn a blank with everything. My video recorder creates files with the filetype of .vob which none of the conversion programs seem to recognise.

That's weird Peter, see what you mean. Looks like you can d/l the previous version ok though from the link underneath. HTH

I thought I'd found the answer with Audio Recorder For Free, but on playback the "recordings" were just blank. I must have tried every free program going now and still haven't found one that works. I always thought that recording from the sound card was a basic function until I tried to do it. Looking on various forums it seems I'm not the only person who has had the same problem. Surely there must be a free program somewhere that will do the job.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Audacity does the job, have you tried reinstalling it? I've tried it on three PCs and it works fine

There must be something wrong with my installation of Audacity, as it hardly has any working functions at all. I got there in the end though, using a "borrowed" copy of Total Recorder. It only records in real time though, which is a bit tedious.

Edit:

I've just reinstalled Audacity and it won't really do anything except play sound files. Very nearly all the menu options are greyed out.

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Of course it only works in real time if you're just recording the live sound, there are numerous tools to rip the audio from a video DVD file, I'll find them and put links up in the morning.