Picture Of The Month.

MrWiggly

---------------------

Here are the rules, format and quetion and answer area for the Photo of the month competitions ...

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

---------------------

Edited by Steve Randles

The Older I get .. The better I was.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

============

THE COMPETITION.

============

The competition will be called "Picture Of The Month"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any registered member of Anglers Net can enter the competition.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Entrants can only submit pictures that have been taken by themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The competition will run from the first day to the last day of a calendar month, regardless of how many days that month may have.

Entrants will have a free choice in the subject (Freestyle) and presentation of their entries (Landscape/Macro etc.) , within the limits of the rules of the competition.

------------------------------------------------------------

Entrants will be allowed to submit up to a maximum of 4 (four) pictures per monthly competition.

Once a picture is entered it will stand. Substitution or deletion is not allowed. Entrants that do so will have their complete monthly entries removed.

Entries must be presented in "One picture per post" format (not in a "block" of four), and each picture must be individually titled to aid judges in their deliberations.

-------------------------------------------------------------

EXIF and other information.

---------------------------------

It will not be mandatory to provide an EXIF with your entry. However, it is strongly suggested that you do so, as an EXIF will provide interested parties with further information.

In the case of suspected rule violation the moderator will request that a full EXIF be supplied for rule-check purposes. If the information is not forthcoming the entries for that member will be deleted from the current competition. Persistent rule offenders may face a six-month entry ban.

Standard information will be displayed on all entries.

------------------------------------------

Judging.

-----------

The judge for the current competition will select what he/she considers to be the best 6 (six) entries.

Entries may be judged on their technical merits (Exposure/Sharpness/Colour etc.) as well as subject matter and presentation.

Judges will be invited to give a brief summary of why they have picked their chosen pictures, after the poll vote has been taken.

-------------------------------------------

The six finalists will be entered in a "Poll Vote" on the forum for the membership to vote on for the final winner of that months competition.

This vote is open to all the registered membership of Anglers Net.

The person that achieves the highest number of recorded votes for their entry will be declared the winner of that month.

The winner of any competition will not be allowed any entries in the immediate month following their win.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The winner of a monthly competition will have their name and picture entered in a pinned, closed topic entitled " Winners .. Picture Of The Month".

Underneath the winner, in the same post, the person that has achieved the second highest score will also have their name and picture placed under the title "Runner Up".

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any winner will have the option, by their choice, of adding to their AN signature the wording "Winner. Picture Of The Month. November. 2007" ( Or whatever month that they were a winner.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

It is hoped that, at the end of one years run, we can have a vote on the "Picture Of The Year".

This will consist of the previous 12 months winning entries being put up for a "Poll Vote" by the membership of AN.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Winner of the "Picture Of The Year" will receive an A3 sized print of their winning picture, suitably embellished for display.

This print will be contributed by the photo forum moderator.

UK winners will receive the print framed while non UK winners will receive the unframed print due to high international shipping costs, and risks, for pictures in a frame with glass.

-------------------------------------------

Edited by MrWiggly

===================

PICTURE OF THE MONTH

================

===============

COMPETITION RULES

===============

All photographs submitted to the competition must have been taken by the entrant.

--------------------------------------------------

New Photos Only. Colour or Black and White (Black and White conversions allowed).

Photo should be limited to a max dimension of 800 pixel for the longest dimension, and the file size to be less than 500KB in JPG/jpg format.

The competition is open only for photos taken during the "open period" as defined in the Competition announcement.

You may post up to four (4) entries in each Competition.

Each entry must be in an individual post, and must have its own individual title.

Substitution and deletion of entries is not allowed. Once a picture is entered it "Stands". Offenders risk having their whole entries for that month deleted.

----------------------------------------------------

EXIF and other information.

---------------------------------

Posting of EXIF info on the post is not mandatory, but is strongly recommended, as it makes it easier if the photo you submit has an intact exif info file attached. Also it will provide interested parties with further information.

Please keep a copy of the original photograph you downloaded from your camera as a means of checking validity of entry should it be needed.

In the case of suspected rule violation the moderator will request that a full EXIF be supplied for rule-check purposes. If the information is not forthcoming the entries for that member will be deleted from the current competition. Persistent rule offenders may face a six-month entry ban.

Standard information (Camera/Date/ISO/AV/SS/Mode),plus any information the entrant may volunteer ,will be displayed on all entries.

----------------------------------------------------------

The winner of any monthly competition will not be allowed to place entries in the immediately following monthly competition.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Digital manipulations.

-----------------------------

All entries should limit the use of digital manipulations to a minimum. It is suggested that only file conversion, level, curve, cropping and sharpening be used if necessary.

Adding or removing elements to or from the original image is NOT allowed. NO Frames. NO HDRs.

----------------------------------------------------------

Comments.

----------------------------

During the "open period", please do NOT enter any comments in the competition thread, this way we will have all the entries together without interruption and it's easy to view.

Judge

-----------

The winner of a Monthly Competition will serve as the Judge for the competition following, for example, the winner of Competition #1 will be the Judge for Competition #2.

The Judge will select the top six (6) finalists work to include in a Poll for all registered members of AN to vote on.

The closed competition will also be unpinned and moved to the general Photoforum.

This closed Comp topic will then be locked for a period of one week, so that no comments can be added.

----------------------------

This gives the judge for the Competition a period of one week to study the entries before choosing their final six.

Because no comments are being made on the entries there will be no pressure or bias applied on the judge whilst they are deliberating. This is fair.

The Judge will not respond to any PMs or messages discussing the Competition, and any such messages will be reported to the moderator.

---------------------------

When the poll has finished the Judge will be invited give a brief description of his/her choices on the competition thread

The judge of any competition will not be allowed to enter the competition that He/She is judging.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Voting

-----------

Will follow after the judge has picked His/Her final six.

Any registered member of Anglers Net is allowed to vote.

The voting period will be one week.

The vote will be held on the second week of the month.

------------------------------

Registering multiple user accounts to vote is not allowed. In the event of a tie, the judge will make a decision between the tied finalists.

By entering the Competition, members agree to grant anglersnet.co.uk a perpetual non-exclusive world-wide royalty-free license to modify, publish and reproduce that material for the purpose of operating, displaying, distributing and promoting anglersnet.co.uk.

However, anglersnet.co.uk will not use your materials without attributing them to you, or without your agreement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The moderator reserves the right to append or change these rules at any time. However, sufficient notice will be given of any rule changes before they occur.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Failure to agree to, and to comply with these rules will automatically disqualify the entrant.

===================

END OF COMPETION RULES

===================

Edited by MrWiggly

Guest Shots for fun

I do not understand the logic of this rule. You win so you are penalised?

The winner of any competition will not be allowed any entries in the immediate month following their win.

Edited by Shots for fun

Hi SFF ....

It may appear that way to you, but that is not the intention.

I had many PMs from members during the previous comp stating that they didn't enter because "The same people always win" .... Illogical I know.

This way seemed fairer overall ..

Hi Mr Wiggly,having read the rules i cant find how or who picks the subject for the comp.

As for multiple user IDs how can you know if someone has two IDs as from what ive picked up over time some people log on from home and then log on at work so if you have a different ID at work i suppose you have two votes.

I'm not saying this happens just saying the possibility is there and always has been.

I like the idea of 4 pics per entrant if required.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Hi Mr Wiggly,having read the rules i cant find how or who picks the subject for the comp.

As for multiple user IDs how can you know if someone has two IDs as from what ive picked up over time some people log on from home and then log on at work so if you have a different ID at work i suppose you have two votes.

I'm not saying this happens just saying the possibility is there and always has been.

I like the idea of 4 pics per entrant if required.

Hi Clifftop,the way I read it is that every monthly comp will be freestyle - or did I pick it up incorrectly :huh:

Anyway I for one am really looking forward to it.

Shot boss :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hi Clifftop,the way I read it is that every monthly comp will be freestyle - or did I pick it up incorrectly :huh:

Anyway I for one am really looking forward to it.

Shot boss :thumbs:

Think you could be right there mate. Thanks

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Looking forward to seeing the entries, but surely it should be anonymous?

Other photo comps I have enterned have been anonymous. No names, no favorites, no bias in the voting.

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Looking forward to seeing the entries, but surely it should be anonymous?

Other photo comps I have enterned have been anonymous. No names, no favorites, no bias in the voting.

Den

Good Point Den ..

I personally always "watermark" my pictures .. so identification of my entries would be easy !!

As has become apparent over the last year or so, the quality of members pictures has improved a considerable degree. If you scan the previous pages of the Photo Forum you can see some outstanding examples of this.

It has been a pleasure to me,and to a lot of members, to see people develop their skills as time passes.

By allowing members to put their names on their Comp entries we can appreciate the progress that member is making, and thus be encouraged to make a "bigger effort" ourselves !!

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly