Pop-Ups

Polly

........ buy fresh/freezer pop-ups? I've only ever seen or bought the shelf-life ones in little plastic pots. What happens if I remove a few "fresh" baits from the freezer, thaw them out and then re-boil for a couple of minutes, would that work?

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I don't think boiling will make them float, but microwaving will. Test them 5 at a time starting at 30 seconds. Let each batch cool properly before testing to see if they float. (they often float when hot and then sink as they cool down)

Last time I did any, I blew up the microwave :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Yep microwaving or frying might well work but boiling won't make them float. That said it's arguably better to either buy shelf life pop ups or make your own with a special pop up mix or insert cork balls in etc.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

Instead of boiling the paste pop a few in the microwave without boiling works a treat but make sure you dont microwave monster crab or belachan flavor as the wife wont be very pleased

Edited by JackPike

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

I don't think boiling will make them float, but microwaving will. Test them 5 at a time starting at 30 seconds. Let each batch cool properly before testing to see if they float. (they often float when hot and then sink as they cool down)

Last time I did any, I blew up the microwave :) :)

Den

Your supposed to do your bait in the microwave Den, not coat your leads. ;)