First Fish

peterpikefisher

i took my 13 year old son Sean fishing for the first time today

down at the union canal

he caught his first fish not big by any standards 3 spined (stickleback) quite rare in this canal these days but for him it was special ,

i didn't think that he would be interested in fishing , as he has one or two disabilities

however i was glad to be wrong , he now wants to go fishing for big sharks.

i think that for now we will stay with the course fishing .

so here the photo

makes me so proud to be his dad :D:D:DPA210404.jpg

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Lovely story, a great picture and a nice big smile!

I'd have been delighted to catch that. I was only saying the other day that I haven't seen any sticklebacks for years. I used to spend hours watching them, and collecting them in jam jars when I was a lot younger, but I really can't remember the last time I saw one.

I hope you'll post more reports of your fishing trips together. I love reading on here when people have taken their children fishing for the first time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Janet

the bloody thing is not even big enough to gulp the hook down, its hanging onto the maggots with his teeth..but hey, if everyone else 'dry nets' then that stickler could win him a fortune .

great stuff, love to see kids catching fish, keeps them off the bloody xbox !!

he caught his first fish not big by any standards 3 spined (stickleback) quite rare in this canal these days but for him it was special

But of course the first catch of any species its also a new PB :-)

Thats how I looked on the 3" Gudgeon I caught a few weeks back.

Tony

I took my seven year old daughter fishing during the school holidays.I baited the hook with a maggot for her and cast in, she held the rod while it sat on the rests and never took her eyes of the float,it kept bobbing but not going completely under,you could see the frustration in her face as she willed the fish to take the bait.she eventually caught a skimmer and she was over the moon but I'll never forget the concentration in her face as she watched the float,it was priceless.

Pete

What a wonderful moment for Sean and a great picture well done; get him out sharking he will love it.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

was the same the first time Newt and I took our grandson. he was over the moon with the little, American bream he caught. it's the size of his grin that caught my attention - not the fish.