Great British

five bellies

Lancashire Hot Pot - disgusting! :yucky:

Anything containing Heart, Kidneys and Liver....... :yucky:

I always thought a Lancashire Hot Pot was a beef stew cooked in the oven with a covering of thin sliced spud, a tasty little dish.

Stuffed hearts have taken on a new meaning for me :lol:

Liver, kidneys were the backbone of a full English Breakfast, small portion of each plus a small lamb chop, bacon, sauté potato, fried tomato and black pudding. Now that set you up for the week :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London Pie and Mash, Now I know that I am a Godless kentish heathen But what is it with you Guys?Lumpy Mashed spud, anaemic looking Pie of dubious content, And that flourecent green stuff Called Liqour :yucky: someone told me its Parsley Sauce Well My parsley sauce is a velvety creamy coulor and consistancy with flecks of Green fresh parsley in it Yum! Not Toxic Green and dumped on top of something that would make 1960s School dinners look good ?

Can any one out there top the dreaded Pie & Mash :yucky:

You Philistine!

Well prepared Pie 'n Mash is truly the nectar of the gods, I'd eat it 5 days a week if the was a decent pie shop here in Southend :(

And the Liquor is parsley mixed with the water the Eels were stewed in, and needs to be mixed with salt pepper and chilli-vinigar to bring out the full flavour

My mouth is watering just writing this post

Mat - Ex London boy !

Mat

Hate - tapioca :yucky:

Love - Jellied Eels, Pie and mash AND liquer, Pease pudding. Anything with liver and kidneys in it

Ex East ender! / Essex boy

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Oysters!!

WTF is that all about?

Snot in saltwater springs to mind..

How can they justify £1.30 a piece for something that looks an tastes like it belongs in the spitoon at an OAP's home?

On a similar subject...scallops?

Have I just ever eaten badly cooked ones...certainly not a taste to die for compared to the price you pay for them.

And a final one.

Super hot curries...now I love curry...but what is the point of ordering a phal/tindaloo that is totally unedible by anyone sober. After your taste buds have been totally destroid by the heat you may as well be eating bread crusts in a sauce as any appreciation of the taste of meat or the finer spices is lost simply because you have no sense of taste after the first fork full.

Cheers

Dave.

PS...Why am I not suprised that Elton likes Kebabs when sober?

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Here's my three favourites in no particular order

Chicken Madras with side dish of bombay aloo, plain rice and naan.

Sunday roast. Beef, lamb, chicken or pork.

Bacon Roll/sandwich on a sunday morning waiting for Wickes to open.

As f0r Britains worst I'd say Roll mops and jellied eels.

Edited by Jigotai

I always thought a Lancashire Hot Pot was a beef stew cooked in the oven with a covering of thin sliced spud, a tasty little dish.

Traditional Lancashire Hot Pot has Kidney included in the recipe......nuf said. I was the exception in our family of not liking this dish I will admit.

Paul

Here's my three favourites in no particular order

Chicken Madras with side dish of bombay aloo, plain rice and naan.

Sunday roast. Beef, lamb, chicken or pork.

Bacon Roll/sandwich on a sunday morning waiting for Wickes to open.

As f0r Britains worst I'd say Roll mops and jellied eels.

NOOOOOOOOOO

Roll mops are great heres a reciepe

Buy Three roll mops and a tub of Cockels

Add Lots of beer in a pub on a sunday

with a spinkling of roast potatos on the Jump

add a generous flirt with a bar maid

A dig in the ribs from the misses

more beer

then a double scotch to taste

go home. have roast beef and all the trimings

Then get in two hours hard core Kip

making sure you pay speicial attention to snoring like a chainsaw through the Eastenders omnibus.

wake up Scratch tackle, Fart (very important)

go back to pub!

Sorted!

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Traditional Lancashire Hot Pot has Kidney included in the recipe......nuf said. I was the exception in our family of not liking this dish I will admit.

My mum had a variation, instead of beef she use pigs liver, onions, carrots and covered with potato a lovely dish on a limited budget back.

From trotters she made a very tasty brawn.

I cannot think of any thing else I dislike apart from broad beans, I blame my father for that he used to grow an enormous crop each year which had to be eaten and I would be praying for the runner beans to start. :rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Apparently there's some controversy over what meat goes into a Lancashire Hot Pot. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be lamb - after all there are, or certainly used to be, a lot of sheep in the area.

Personally. I prefer beef hot pot, and Peggy makes an absolute superb one with beef mince, onions, herbs, spices and sliced pototo!

My favourite dish, British or otherwise, is roast beef. For me it's got to be bone-in rib. Topside is just too lean to have much taste in my opinion.

As for a roast beef TV dinner, then all I can say is yuk! I've even been served one is a family-run restaurant!

We don't eat out much now, partly because of the cost, and partly because Peggy's home cooking is better than most restaurant food. Many of the big chains just microwave pre-packed frozen food delivered from head office.

My worst British food? I'm with Sportsman here in voting for tapioca. Frogspawn we called it at school. It certainly looked like it! What's worse is that it tasted slimy as well!

I'd add that I rarely eat puds, prefering a bigger main course. The one British pud I do dribble over is baked jam sponge. It's got to be raspberry jam though, although I can't even swallow fresh raspberries. Most of all the sponge mustn't be microwaved, but has got to be baked in the oven. This gives a a gorgeous crispy crust and an a completely different taste and texture.

Come to think of it Peggy, I'll have some BJS next week please!

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

My worst British food? I'm with Sportsman here in voting for tapioca. Frogspawn we called it at school. It certainly looked like it! What's worse is that it tasted slimy as well!

And why was it invariably served with a round biscuity thing (which we used to refer to as "hardtack")? :huh: