Government dumps its fishy problem overboard

Elton

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi wurzel

and i did right to defra supporting it and saying this should be "implemented" if ever you decide to give it another go wurzel or something similar? you would again get my support on the sole mls increase/extra quota idea for sure :thumbs: cheers and all the best.....

Totally agree with that, it is simply an obvious way to improve the stock and give commercial a chance to land more and better quality fish, at the same time giving the stock a chance to improve. Shame the likes of defra do not want this type of improvement. No doubt they have a big flash building with all the lights on, but no one is at home.

Err, thats not a charles bloody clover article by any chance Leon, don't tell Wurzel. B)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It mirrors the bass, the science says that if you increase the mls for soles after a short term loss there is a small increase in catches of better quality fish, they also say in another paper that I seemed to have misplaced, that by doing so the breeding stock would be increased by 40%.

I suggested that with the backing of UK fishermen and in return for sensible and workable quota why not implement it and perhaps even get sustainable certificate for Dover sole eventually.

After several meetings with DEFRA it became obvious that they were a waste of time and for the plan to work it needed the co operation of the foreign boats fishing for sole there would be no benefit if it only applied to UK boats, so off to Europe I go and wasted more time, they have more than enough quota why should they agree to catch less fish was all I got, they also have a small fish culture that they have no wish to change , not only the fishermen but it also applies to the managers and government.

I believe that UK fishermen are willing to implement real time benefits to fish stocks but there needs to be an incentive and it must be implemented across the board.

I also believe DEFRA's use of the word sustainable is just spin.

Hi Peter

Did you expect an outcome differant to that????

I done the same with the Southern Sea Fisheries Committee regarding our local oyster fishery and they just filed my request for a larger mls in the trash can, the fishery will be dead within the foreseeable future, its just been a waste of time and effort, everything is.

All this talk about stakeholder imput into fisheries management is also just spin

steve

Hi Peter

Did you expect an outcome differant to that????

I done the same with the Southern Sea Fisheries Committee regarding our local oyster fishery and they just filed my request for a larger mls in the trash can, the fishery will be dead within the foreseeable future, its just been a waste of time and effort, everything is.

All this talk about stakeholder imput into fisheries management is also just spin

steve

blimy, totally agree wtih that as well.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

blimy, totally agree wtih that as well.

Hi Barry

My request for a closed season on bass pair trawling in the spawning season in the english channel that I made to Joe Borg at the EU did not get anywhere either, anglers and commercials have the same problems when trying to make or ask for conservation measures

What is stakeholders imput into management susposed to be all about, just sounds good in news letters, lol lol

steve

Hi Barry

My request for a closed season on bass pair trawling in the spawning season in the english channel that I made to Joe Borg at the EU did not get anywhere either, anglers and commercials have the same problems when trying to make or ask for conservation measures

What is stakeholders imput into management susposed to be all about, just sounds good in news letters, lol lol

steve

I have to agree with that as well. Tis true all the correspondance good news releases etc from defra sounds good but don't mean a thing. At present there are a few of the attached letters going around regarding the bass issue for the rsa. This has been confirmed also from guys in the west country who have had simular reply's. Worse is the 'good news' of what defra intends for the rsa in the latter part of the letter. Not good.51139bass.doc

• 2 weeks later...
I've e-mailed this to the prospective Conservative candidate for the minister's constituency. I've also sent a copy to my own (Conservative) MP.

"I was disgusted to hear of the U-turn by Johnathan Shaw over the minimum size limits for the capture of bass.

If you're prepared to support recreational sea anglers over this issue I'm sure that it will be a major vote winner. Indeed, I feel that this issue alone is highly likely to be sufficient for you to overturn Mr Shaw's majority.

I doubt that you or your party fully appreciate the strength of feeling amongst recreational anglers nationwide. There is much less difference between the parties now than there used to be. Therefore, as internet forums will testify, the votes of a large proportion of anglers and their families are now going to be determined largely on each party's attitude to recreational angling. "

Just had this reply:

Dear Mr Burke

I grew up in Hythe and used to fish both on the sea front and on the military canal, and although I never really caught anything worth bragging about I can indeed understand your concern. I know there are many anglers in Kent who will also be dismayed at this decision which in my view will affect long term bass stock, as well as penalise fishermen financially. I hope the various fishing organisations can keep up the pressure and hopefully force a change of mind in the future.

Best wishes

Tracey

Tracey Crouch

PPC for Chatham & Aylesford

www.traceycrouch.org

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Just had this reply:

Dear Mr Burke

I grew up in Hythe and used to fish both on the sea front and on the military canal, and although I never really caught anything worth bragging about I can indeed understand your concern. I know there are many anglers in Kent who will also be dismayed at this decision which in my view will affect long term bass stock, as well as penalise fishermen financially. I hope the various fishing organisations can keep up the pressure and hopefully force a change of mind in the future.

Best wishes

Tracey

Tracey Crouch

PPC for Chatham & Aylesford

www.traceycrouch.org

My interpretation of the reply is that Tracey understands your concerns but sort it out yourselves, hopefully, some time in the future. :huh:

Bet that is someone else off the voting list.

Edited by barry luxton