Sea Angling News

Norrie

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o Excellent result. 183lbs from the shore :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

You beat my pb by 1lb - but that was from a boat!!!

What depth of water did you catch her in ? bait? tackle?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

:clap2: Looks like a good place for an AN meet. :clap2:

Indeed it is........pubs a short stagger away from the mark.

If you add in the wee one of 157lbs I had on Thurs am..........its not my arms that are sore but the area between my legs where the fishing rod was pressing.....ouch.

(Not posted on here in quite a while due to a sense of humour failure when I saw a couple of very dead sea trout hanging on a tripod...An American fellow binned me)

Davy, Gordon et al ...

I'm obviously doing something wrong .... can you fix it?

I've put a second rod out every beach session in the hope of a SAN 'Fish of the Month' flattie!

Two coalies and a dogfish tail on gang-rigged 10/0s ...

thasswot Davy said!

Nah .... not a bite since 2001 when the suggestion surfaced.

Is it worth trying BLUEYS????

:spiteful:

AWESOME FISH!! But how do you claim the record for such a fish?? I thought it was incumbent upon the angler to produce the fish for ratification??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hiya chris,

AWESOME FISH!! But how do you claim the record for such a fish?? I thought it was incumbent upon the angler to produce the fish for ratification??

It should be Ok , as there is no problem with miss identification, the measurements were witnessed, there are clear photo's of the fish and the weight charts are accepted by the SFSA and I think NFSA. When I first seen he picture, I put the fish at 185lb so the weight of 183lb is probably about right. :)

As far as I'm concerned, it's 100% genuine and should be accepted providing Gordon put's the claim in :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

I made sure I got nice clear shots of the fish been measured, showing clearly the measurments on the tape measure, and this was a big thick fish ... definately not a fish on a diet :)

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o Excellent result. 183lbs from the shore :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

You beat my pb by 1lb - but that was from a boat!!!

What depth of water did you catch her in ? bait? tackle?

Just noticed this. The water there is no more than 15 meters deep.

Bait was STINKING mackerel.

Conoflex Scorpion Sport..........finally figured out what it was designed to catch.

Abu 9000C

50lb braid mainline and end tackle to suit.

Hiya chris,

It should be Ok , as there is no problem with miss identification, the measurements were witnessed, there are clear photo's of the fish and the weight charts are accepted by the SFSA and I think NFSA. When I first seen he picture, I put the fish at 185lb so the weight of 183lb is probably about right. :)

As far as I'm concerned, it's 100% genuine and should be accepted providing Gordon put's the claim in :)

I was not going to bother trying for a British Record but I suppose it wont do any harm to talk to them. It fails because it was not weighed but in 99% of cases how can you weigh a skate on rocks in the middle of nowhere? And as for carrying the thing to scales......total non starter, so maybe they will bend the rules for skate.....