Calling ALL Cardiff AN'ers!

Chris Goddard

Was outbid on a router table last night!!! Only by £64!!!! I bid £50 and it went for £114?! So I have now bid on another, but a CHEAPER one!! I only need it to rebate timber to accept a piece of cladding!! So anyway, is ANYONE able to collect and if need be HOLD this item for me for a couple of weeks to a couple of months possibly?? Basically till I can collect it? PLEAS if you can as I stupidly placed the bid and THEN thought "HOW THE HELL am I supposed to collect it??" Typical of moi!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Was outbid on a router table last night!!! Only by £64!!!! I bid £50 and it went for £114?! So I have now bid on another, but a CHEAPER one!! I only need it to rebate timber to accept a piece of cladding!! So anyway, is ANYONE able to collect and if need be HOLD this item for me for a couple of weeks to a couple of months possibly?? Basically till I can collect it? PLEAS if you can as I stupidly placed the bid and THEN thought "HOW THE HELL am I supposed to collect it??" Typical of moi!!

I maybe able to help, PM me if required

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

Chris I'm nowhere near Cardiff so can't help in that respect.

Just for info though, for simple rebates, a router without the table is plenty good enough, (or two passes with a carefully set circular saw can achieve the same result).

Thanks all!! Outbid again!!

Ayjay, aware of the saw gig but it is a pain in the ****!! :lol: Just fancied getting the router out again to use as since I gave up the Kitchens I never get to use it any more!! Best thing is I got chance to buy one of these when B&Q cleared out and decided I didn't want one!!!

BUT good to know you are out there and I would certainly help you had I the chance!! Thanks again!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris

if your router has a 1/2 "collet you may be better off getting a bearing guided cutter i use them loads it can cut rebates 22mm x 19mm it can do curved and straight work and if you are rebating large sections it is easier to hold the router rather than passing the timber over a router table wich can be a bit tricky to set and also they need a secure fixing .To avoid the timber breaking out when rebating make a shallow cut first ,Mind your fingers

Hope the vids are ok ;);)

http://www.trend-uk.com/product/46_390X1_2...ge+rebater.html