rod upgrade

cobra

hi

i have some zero 360 2/5 tc rods and im looking into do some specimen carp fishing and was wondering what rods to upgrade to without spending over the top so if anyone has any advice make and model and reasons why etc id be gratefull-cobra

What species,what size,what range,what methods,what water conditions?

All the above are what decide on choice of rod. Give us some information and we can then offer some better sugestions.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

What species,what size,what range,what methods,what water conditions?

All the above are what decide on choice of rod. Give us some information and we can then offer some better sugestions.

ok sorry i will be using pva bags at medium range hopefully for specimen size carp 25lb upwards , want to get to bigs sizes my pb is 23 1/2 lb would be great to get better maybe go to bluebell and try to get a 30-40lb

Then due to the bags would have thought a 2 1/2 -2 3/4b TC rod would fit the bill.As ths s not a style of carping do a great deal of I will leave it to others to reccomend a specific rod.

There are an awfull lot of them available now and at cheaper prices than ever.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

The trend is for 3 identical rods but these are normally used for 3 different situations, ie, dropping a bait in the margins, casting a bag to the horizon or casting a single bait to a fish that's just shown itself no matter where in the water, to suggest just a few scenarios. So that makes three identical rods pretty pointless or stupid, even though I've fell into the trap/trend myself :rolleyes: . TC's are all about casting, mostly, so for bag work at medium/long range I'd go for at least 2 3/4lb but personally use 3lb.

I use greys prodigys in 3lb, life time guarantee, relatively cheap and good under the tip close in so no hook pulls. They also look nice which is the most important aspect of carp fishing :D

Or be diferent and get one each of 3, 2.75 and 2.5 :g: