Mullet from the Yak!

musket

Hi all,

I started today feeling more than a little pee'd off as I couldn't join Borderman on a coastal trip due to family commitments.

Second best choice, once I was free, was to grab some rag and head off to the estuary and see if I could get that ever elusive mullet.

Well after the second of three little bass had been put back over the side I had another bite on the little scrap of rag and although I could tell it wasn't a big fish it still fought harder and longer than the previous fish. You can imagine my delight when I finally got this little chap on board.I believe it is a thin lipped grey,can anyone confirm this and has any one else had one yet?

Cheers Jon.

mulletkitley.jpg

IMGP0302.jpg

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Nice one Musket.

Still not got round to getting one of the elusive critters. Hats off to you.

Sorry not sure which it is, I only know them from the front. Given what you caught it on I would guess a thin lipped. Top marks.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Nice one Musket.

Still not got round to getting one of the elusive critters. Hats off to you.

Sorry not sure which it is, I only know them from the front. Given what you caught it on I would guess a thin lipped. Top marks.

I have Paul :clap2:

Not on the yak though, on the shore of my local Estuary (down the road!)

Come on up and I will show ya how its done (yeah right!)

Dave

post-6361-1194186235_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I have Paul :clap2:

Not on the yak though, on the shore of my local Estuary (down the road!)

Come on up and I will show ya how its done (yeah right!)

Dave

Be careful Dave. With scenery like that I might just take you up on it. Stunning. Oh nice fish as well. :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Be careful Dave. With scenery like that I might just take you up on it. Stunning. Oh nice fish as well. :D

Always welcome up here Paul :clap2:

Martin and Nifty already graced these shores, great stuff :thumbs: Believe it or not, the mullet are still here!!

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

Edited by SeaDooDavid

Its Stunning Paul although I am an exile :D About time SDD got off his comfy office chair and organised a summer meet!!

Some great freshwater and Saltwater marks , St bees my favourite

martinsphotos019.jpg

But Daves estuary (Esk) is lovely!!

cumbria003.jpg

cumbria002.jpg

I'll be up soon Dave , either just before Xmas or After New year!! Selker Cod??? :)

Ok Prowler 13

Hi Martin sorry just being a bit nosey here, but were is the first picture taken from?

Its Stunning Paul although I am an exile :D About time SDD got off his comfy office chair and organised a summer meet!!

Some great freshwater and Saltwater marks , St bees my favourite

Good point young man! will drop a line tonight to see what interest could be generated! Problem is I am so far away from most folk its one hell of a journey :rolleyes: Thats my problem too for getting to other meets down country, its a full days drive just gettin there! Am determined though for the summer coming to get mi a@@ into gear :clap2:

Also, got a decent roof rack now for the warrior! The one I had was not the "proper" one and I didn't trust it very much. The new one is OME (is that the right term for make specific?) and rock solid! Roll on the summer~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :sun:

SDD~~~~ :sun:

Edited by SeaDooDavid