Wobbling deadbaits

Anderoo

Well, today's wobbling trip didn't happen. :(

No fish stall at the market so no spratts. Decided just to take lures instead but it is just too cold and windy to take my lad out with me as well. We'd need to be constantly catching fish for the cold not to upset him and it just wasn't looking like the best idea.

I have now not been fishing since September and it's doing my head in.

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

I got through 8 sprats in less than an hour with nary a pike in site.......

I tried to keep the sprats away from the bottom and snags... but I also tried to stop the bait moving for periods next to places I've caught pike before and then give it little twitches, but this made is fall to the bottom. In fact even trolling it slowly enabled it to drift to the bottom and then snag.

I'm not sure that the small, snaggy and sometimes shallow river I fish on is too suitable for "wobblings deads".. but on the other hand it's more likely to be general incompetence on my part.

I did experiment yesterday with wobbling circle hooked sprats on the River Arun(anyone else piking on this river?) no takes,but the soft sprats stayed on the hook better,snagged less,and lasted longer than if i'd been using a standard treble rig.

Jeff

Circles are good for not catching up and when Ive tried them for wobbling all Ive done is put them through the eye sockets.Found you get a better hook up rate like this than sticking them in the head.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'm with Budgie, the best conditions are classic piking weather - high pressure, clear and cold.

Fingers crossed for the fish-in eh :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music