Disabled slur

Bluey

trouble is the conservatives and with labour still carrying on the tradition converted the long term unemployed to going onto incapacity benefits purely to manipulate the unemployment figures.

this means "disabled" now can be anything ,plenty of clever souls out there getting benefits because their "depressed" or have "bad backs" or "acrophobia"and a whole host of "disabilities" that cannot be medically proved not to exist.

whilst ofcourse some with these complaints are genuine i certainly wouldnt have the balls and certainly not the spiel to go to my doctor pretending to have any of them ,i'v worked with truly a bad back ,been depressed when my mum died ,we discovered my mrs had epilepsy and i was going to be unemployed a month later (all at the same time) and even worked with a broken wrist. :angry:

i see the "sick" occasionally doing my rounds as noted above "disabled" anglers toting barrows i would have a problem shifting ,turning up in huge 4x4's (if your on disability benefits alone the smallest car available on the mobility scheme is a drain on your money) and unloading the latest gear and poles worth more than 6 of my "disability" car (the gov pays for my road tax :rolleyes: )

whilst i cannot understand how you can buy all that gear on DLA and IS perhaps hard medical proof (as in my mrs case) of a disability should decide who's disabled rather than word of mouth and a helpful doctor handing over a sick note!

DLA isnt means tested but the rest are so perhaps more stringent rules should be made for IB and IS.

labour mutters about getting those on IB out to work but nothing will happen they will just get jobseekers allowance then go on new deal after 6 months and disapear of the lists again (new deal is a mandatory scheme ,once on it your not unemployed but "training" ;) ) then ofcourse back on JSA for a while before becoming "sick" again :rolleyes:

note:

not all the disabled anglers i come across are fake we have several very disabled ones that have carers/helpers that take them about ,i remember all the helpers are very attractive young women but mostly the genuine pleasure they get from angling :thumbs:

the ponds getting dedicated disabled parking and new disabled swims, being a mixed fishery the pond gets a fair few of our less fortunate members.

i'v asked before but my cars (or rather the mrs's ,as the gov pay for the road tax its purely for her use or on her behalf) road tax has "disabled" written on it ,but i have never seen another car with this on the tax disk ,are mobility scheme cars excluded from the free road tax? or is the road covered in cars used for the "disabled" but not disabled vehicles?

parked next to a Warrior pick up yesterday displaying a blue badge but no disabled tax disk ,only the driver was in it and he looked very fit!!!!

no sign of a physical deformity in sight so it must be a mental one ? if so should he be driving? and if its a mental one how does it apply to mobility which the blue badge revolves around?

you can use a disabled vehicle on behalf of a disabled person if your doing their shopping or getting something on their behalf (grey area) but the blue badge cannot as far as i know be used without the person on it being in the car or being picked up by the car ,the warrior driver may have been in that area that should be examined closely!!!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

good! ,but the quick witted will find something else instead :rolleyes:

hopefully they will go through the records and re-examine those having it or cannot it be retrospective?

mind you when i did my back in my gait and walk was certainly restricted :D i did the bosses paperwork for a couple of weeks interspersed with cutting the grass on a ride on :lol:

intersting part of the site ,but i wouldnt take to much "evidence" from Physiotherapists ,most are untrained medically and certainly wore out what was left of my mrs's knee trying to force her to make it better!!!! they also made her chuck one walking stick away which now has resulted in curvature of the spine ( provable) :rolleyes:

young wippersnappers shouting at her because she couldnt bounce on one leg on a minitramp certainly didnt help and could have resulted in them needing Physiotherapy if i had heard her :angry:

this bit is annoying!!! (from another part of the site)

"When the Decision Maker decides to request an EMP report, it is worth considering the exact nature of the information required and to formulate a submission with some specific questions for the EMP. It may also be useful to enclose copies of factual reports, especially if existing evidence is contradictory."

in my mrs report the visiting doctor actually contradicted himself!!!! his notes and report contradicted each other in probably the most important parts!!!! (provable as we have them both! ) :angry:

it also may have been nice to actually understand half what he said (foreign!)

another interesting part of the site under eilepsy :

"The claimant and / or carer should be able to provide the information required to accurately assess mobility and care needs. However, if further details are needed, the General Practitioner or Consultant is an appropriate source of information."

as far as i can acertain epilepsy is not a cause for claiming DLA! any insights on this KenL ,if you cant claim DLA then how can you get the middle rate and become a caree??? ,if you cannot get DLA for epilepsy then your not a claimant nor have a carer (under the rules) so perhaps thats changed? or maybe the carer is for someone that has epilepsy + another disability? if so to have a carer you (the claimant) already have middle rate care so dont need to include epilepsy as a condition unless it is to get the high rate,very confusing part!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It may also be useful to enclose copies of factual reports, especially if existing evidence is contradictory."

Yep, that bit's particularly good. Especially as requests for EMP are submitted electronicly and there's no facility to enclose anything.

Were you looking at this ?http://www.dwp.gov.uk/medical/med_conditions/major/epilepsy/care_mob_epilepsy.asp#severe_condition

Don't forget that this is a new tool and there's still a lot of stuff that gets concidered that hasn't been incorperated yet.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

no i didn't see that part and the criteria certainly fits my mrs ,pity though despite entering it on every form it doesn't seem to count for anything!

full time care is essential as no-one can predict when it will happen but how on earth do you get it across to the DWP?

and yet the section "Living with Epilepsy" "Daily living"

seems to make light of the condition "A risk of seizure occurrence does not in itself mean that a person needs attention or supervision."

confused someone is (was that joda? :D )

Edited by chesters1

On the blue badges, I didn't think you actually needed to be in receipt of any benefits to get them? If I had something that stopped me being able to walk any distance, I'd still be able to earn my current living, and provided I could still get in and out of it, I'd still drive a sports car. Presumably none of that would disbar me from having disabled parking privileges?

"A risk of seizure occurrence does not in itself mean that a person needs attention or supervision."

That would be true. If someone has a good warning or aura prior to a siezure and there is no tendancy to dangerous post ictal behaviour, it's not unreasonable to expect them to put themselves in a place of safety when they know they have a siezure comming and no reason to assume that they are at such risk that continual supervision is reasonably required.

To "Qualify" for a disabled persons parking badge one has to be unable to basically walk more than a hundred yards without being in sever discomfort. But as with ALL such things you are (Or at least I WAS!) told to imagine you are having the worst day of your life!? And believe you me that is BAD!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Steve Walker - If you had "something" that stopped you walking a distance less than 20 paces unaided, you will qualify for DB. To get a mobilty "Blue Badge" you must be on the higher rate of the mobility section of DB. If you are (genuinely) in possession of blue badge you are entitled to road tax relief (free tax disc). The only difference in my disc is that where the figure of the amount payed, mine has nil written on it, with the word disabled just under it.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

To "Qualify" for a disabled persons parking badge one has to be unable to basically walk more than a hundred yards without being in sever discomfort. But as with ALL such things you are (Or at least I WAS!) told to imagine you are having the worst day of your life!? And believe you me that is BAD!!

What you're describing is getting a blue badge as a result of qualifying for the higher rate of the mobility component of DLA.

The qualifying conditions are not based on how bad someone is when they are at thier worst, they are based on how they are most of the time. This is clearly stated in law and the only people who regularly tell people to "imagine you are having the worst day of your life" are welfare rights advisers who have job targets based on how many people they can get onto benefits.

For the record, unless there is a severe impairment of someones speed of walking or their gait, they are VERY unlikely to be considered to be virtually unable to walk unless they can walk less than 50m at at time. An exception is where the effort of walking is particultaly dangerous such as in someone with cardiomyopathy where an arythmia could prove fatal.