Disabled slur

Bluey

What you're describing is getting a blue badge as a result of qualifying for the higher rate of the mobility component of DLA.The qualifying conditions are not based on how bad someone is when they are at their worst, they are based on how they are most of the time. This is clearly stated in law and the only people who regularly tell people to "imagine you are having the worst day of your life" are welfare rights advisers who have job targets based on how many people they can get onto benefits.For the record, unless there is a severe impairment of someones speed of walking or their gait, they are VERY unlikely to be considered to be virtually unable to walk unless they can walk less than 50m at at time. An exception is where the effort of walking is particultaly dangerous such as in someone with cardiomyopathy where an arythmia could prove fatal.
So that is me then Ken!! Just trying to simplify it!! SORRY!!! But was not aware I had to be word perfect!! JUST bloody disabled??
Steve Walker - If you had "something" that stopped you walking a distance less than 20 paces unaided, you will qualify for DB. To get a mobilty "Blue Badge" you must be on the higher rate of the mobility section of DB. If you are (genuinely) in possession of blue badge you are entitled to road tax relief (free tax disc). The only difference in my disc is that where the figure of the amount payed, mine has nil written on it, with the word disabled just under it.
And this is one I was NOT made aware of either!! Mind you same as not being told I qualified for Mobility or other benefits for around 12 years!!! Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is one I was NOT made aware of either!! Mind you same as not being told I qualified for Mobility or other benefits for around 12 years!!!

It's in the leaflet that has gone out with every DLA award letter for the past 17 years.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I think anyone who disrespects the truly disabled is a very sick person indeed.

The chap posting in AT may have been referring to the type of people that frequent a lot of the lakes I have fished.

They are there for sessions usually ( some stay the entire season), but had to leave during Tuesday to "sign on", but I don't think they even have to do that now.

I have even heard a couple brag how their small white vans came courtesy of the Mobility scheme.

Perhaps Mr Burton could have been a bit more sensitive in his comments, but if he has seen what I have seen, then I sympathise with the theme of his letter.

I am sure disabled people do not have to sign on. If they are receiving Mobility they are deemed to be unfit for work and recieving full care benefits.

At a guess these were just a couple of loud mouth lay-abouts.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Why is it , and this is just my outlook on such things as the title of this thread , that 'normal' people are pulled to bits for airing their views in such as AT or anything else for that matter against a 'minority'? The lad was merely putting his views across of a particular event that happened to him. Would there be a public / forum outcry if the roles were reversed ? Why is it always seen that the 'minority' are being 'picked on' and never given an easy ride? When in fairness they are just as well looked after and sometimes better looked after than an honest hard working man.

By the way , this is not an attack on the disabled / muslims / assylum seekers / immigrants / benefit cheats etc etc it is merely my opinion and nothing more than that.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Having just read through the whole of the thread I can assure you that claiming any form of benefit due to ill health is a bloody nightmare.

I have just claimed sickness benefit from the time of my heart attack it is my first ever claim.

Fortunately I know a lady who worked within the system and could guide and assist me make the claim.

First mistake was a weekend break in my certificates, hospital one finished on a Friday, doctors started on the Monday, we got that sorted.

Such was the forms that without this good ladies help and despite the fact that as an ex-quality assurance manage who was well up to speed on paper work, I doubt very much if I would have completed them correctly first time.

I am now trying to sort out my future status regarding dis-ability and believe me it is no easy task. My level of fitness relates not only to my condition but also my age, ie someone who had the same op who was fifteen years younger would obtain a far higher level of fitness than me.

I am after paying in for nearly fifty years looking to obtain my rightful payment but it would appear that those in charge are trying to do the opposite, the whole system is a nightmare and needs to be more clearly defined.

Since my op my retention of info has dropped, level and period of concentration dropped, spelling and mental maths capabilities dropped and obviously my current state of fitness leaves a bit to be desired.

Will I regain all of these missing bits? Well some very well qualified persons think yes and some say no, so were does that leave me when filling in the forms ?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Brumagem Phil
Will I regain all of these missing bits? Well some very well qualified persons think yes and some say no, so were does that leave me when filling in the forms ?

Fill them in as if you expect the worst and notify them if things significantly improve......that as I understand it is the correct way to do it, and even if not, its the way I would approach it.

I've just filled out all my forms again (they periodically send me this mad questionairre about what I can and can't do etc) so am currently awaiting their invite to be examined by one of their doctors. I feel like a ruddy lab rat sometimes, but I guess those is the hoops one has to jump through to get the kings ransom each week they dish out. :lol:

Thats the real irritating thing when idiots like that AT fellah open their mouths..........they have no idea what living on benefits is like and just how tough it is to live on them. They have their houses, posh new cars, holidays abroad, all the fancy fishing tackle but all they can see is the fact others don't have to work.....they are blind to the hardship and stigmatism.

Stuff people like him anyway........I've developed a way of dealing with them, I rub their noses in it. I laugh at them.........it vexes em sommat stupid to think you are cheating the system. ;) I've nothing to hide so why not have some fun with the sceptics? :D

Stuff people like him anyway........I've developed a way of dealing with them, I rub their noses in it. I laugh at them.........it vexes em sommat stupid to think you are cheating the system. ;)I've nothing to hide so why not have some fun with the sceptics? :D

Hardly the right sort of comment to appease the sceptics though?

As far as cheating the system its RIFE, you know it and I know it, just hope the innocent don't get tarred with the brush that this guy is waiving around

i have friend,who a few years ago lost a foot in an accident.

he recieves some kind of benifits for the incapacity.

he regularly recieves letters asking to go for "reassesment of his injury",to which he always sends a letter back saying "nope, its not grown back yet", sorry if its a bit off topic, but it makes me smile! :lol:

Guest Brumagem Phil
Hardly the right sort of comment to appease the sceptics though?

As far as cheating the system its RIFE, you know it and I know it, just hope the innocent don't get tarred with the brush that this guy is waiving around

Why should I appease the sceptics? Its none of their dam business, and if they wish to comment on something they no nothing about then I'll happily humour them.

Why should I appease the sceptics? Its none of their dam business, and if they wish to comment on something they no nothing about then I'll happily humour them.

What do they comment on and how would they know? Perhaps if you were up front with them about your disability it would stop them in their tracks.