what multiplier?

squibs

Squibs you may have difficulty finding either the Abu 6500 Mag Elite or Penn 525 Mag in the States as the Americans really don't use beachcasting reels like we do here in the UK.

Ok thanks for that. I hoped to find some thing cheaper, rip off britain and all that.

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now the proud owner of a abu 6500 mag elite c3 ct thanks to a nice man on ebay called stu. So it time to practise on the local field.

One more question from you lovely chaps is , does anyone have a copy of the paper work that goes with it that i could have please? Failing that is there a web site that would have the info?

squibs :thumbs:

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

I am now the proud owner of a abu 6500 mag elite c3 ct thanks to a nice man on ebay called stu. So it time to practise on the local field.

One more question from you lovely chaps is , does anyone have a copy of the paper work that goes with it that i could have please? Failing that is there a web site that would have the info?

Hiya, Theres info on tuning the reel in Neil McKellows site...bottom of the page..:)

http://neilmackellow.sea-angler.org/reel_tuning.html

and for schematics, have a look here...:)

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/...c&start=400

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya, Theres info on tuning the reel in Neil McKellows site...bottom of the page..:)

http://neilmackellow.sea-angler.org/reel_tuning.html

and for schematics, have a look here...:)

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/...c&start=400

Thanks Norrie. Top man.

squibs

Good work squibs, 50 notes off ebay inc postage.

hythefish001.jpg

Got mine for about the same money. A standard green one and not the guci florida orange one like yours. Looking forward to using it, though family and work commitments are holding me back at the moment. Can't wait for the storm swept Norfolk seas to turn up.

squibs

Got mine for about the same money. A standard green one and not the guci florida orange one like yours. Looking forward to using it, though family and work commitments are holding me back at the moment. Can't wait for the storm swept Norfolk seas to turn up.

squibs

:clap2: The storm is off Portsmouth at the moment, working its way east so it should be with you tonight. It's put a nice bit of colour in the water here so it's looking promising for Monday or Tuesday night. :clap2:

:clap2: The storm is off Portsmouth at the moment, working its way east so it should be with you tonight. It's put a nice bit of colour in the water here so it's looking promising for Monday or Tuesday night. :clap2:

Just started working my night shift so the fishings off untill the weekend. I just hope the conditions stay good until then. Thanks for the tip though Norm I hope to make good use of it.

squibs

Fanastic response people. My humble thanks to one and all. I'm still torn between the two so it'll have to be down to cost. It'll eather be ebay or as I'm off on a family holiday to the states next year I might be able to pick up a better deal or two over there. Two weeks of Disney. I'll need some fishing or related activity to restore my sanity.

Once again many Thanks.

squibs :1a:

Hi there you wont get the Abu 6500 (Mag Elite) in the states as it is a europe model only, also check out a couple of the mail order companys as they may still have some of the "older model" going for £69.99, we have sold out but you could try Gerrys, Tonys, Mainwarings i think they all got some, there is not much difference between the new model and the old model, infact if your lucky there wont be any other than colour.

Thanks W.S.F I'll bare that in mind. I've got an ABU 6500 now so I shouldn't need another one for a while, but you never know them being a shiney shiney and all. As for shopping in the states I'm getting the feeling that the tools that are available here are not over there and vise a verser. So I'll have to wait and see. I might look into booking some big fish fishing if I can get it past Mrs squibs.

I feel that there's a point when staring at Mickeys inate grin screws the mind up of the most resilent of people. Fishing will be my link to sanity, so here's hoping.