Kant Barbel

Craig T

I have put in about 100hrs trying to catch a river barbel in the Stour in Kent and I know I am getting close to the day when one will whip the rod into a frenzy but would be obliged to hear of any rivers in and around kent or specific locations in the Stour where I can land this elusive fish. I have caught some nice specimens of all the river species but am eluded by the barbel.

Does anyone know of any good Barbel rivers in and around Kent which are accessible on a free or day ticket basis? I am a member of a few clubs but have currently spent most of my time on the Stour as it still amazes me as to the quality and variety of species I am catching there.

I am from North of the Border and moved to Kent a year ago from Australia where I lived for 4 years (Missed my rivers and my mother!!!) I have spent numerous weekends in a previous life on the Scottish lochs and rivers fishing for pike and trout on the fly.

Since coming south I am amazed at the fishing, however, am eluded by this fine fish.

(I know you barblers never give up locations easily but a hint or to would be good!)

I would start with a critique of pure reason and hope it leads to enlightenment. Just remember that a barbel is a thing-in-itself and therefore cannot be accessed by us as we're unable to transcend our own mind.

Swim choice should be based on a priori criteria rather than empirical experience.

:rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest Shots for fun
I would start with a critique of pure reason and hope it leads to enlightenment. Just remember that a barbel is a thing-in-itself and therefore cannot be accessed by us as we're unable to transcend our own mind.

Swim choice should be based on a priori criteria rather than empirical experience.

:rolleyes:

Hi Anderoo,

Have you been on the Happy Baccy. :D

Hi Anderoo,

Have you been on the Happy Baccy. :D

No, I just thought I'd finally found a use for a philosophy degree. Apparently not :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Guest Shots for fun
No, I just thought I'd finally found a use for a philosophy degree. Apparently not :rolleyes:

I was only having a leg pull, so can not understand the roll of the eyes, sorry for that and my sincere apologises for any hurt or embarrassment caused. Has you have a philosophy degree then it perhaps should be "The philosophy degree". :D

I was only having a leg pull, so can not understand the roll of the eyes, sorry for that and my sincere apologises for any hurt or embarrassment caused. Has you have a philosophy degree then it perhaps should be "The philosophy degree". :D

:) The rolling eyes were meant for philosophy degrees, not your comment!

Sorry for taking this way off topic (although strictly speaking it is on topic... :P )

Guest Shots for fun
:) The rolling eyes were meant for philosophy degrees, not your comment!

Sorry for taking this way off topic (although strictly speaking it is on topic... :P )

Thanks for that. Like you, i would rather die than give up philosophy, however the jury seem happy to grant me that wish. :D