Anderoo

Hunting, shooting and fishing  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actively:

• Just fish
    • Fish and shoot
    • Fish and hunt
    • Fish, shoot and hunt

i never and never have said fox hunting was a way of fox control in the numbers sense ;)

Indeed you didn't, Chesters, but your 'if lurchers were any good, hunts would use them' reference sort of set me off on a canter, really. ;)

All the best.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someones pet interfeers with my property/animals just the same as a rat or fox then wether it's illegal or not it's going in a bin bag, is that good enough for you ? And in my opinion as well as most sain minded people that's fair enough.

Most SANE minded would would not take that stance at all..

Suggest you are very much in the minority, still just dismiss the majority as Nerds, that'll do it :thumbs:

Edited by Rabbit

It's not my issue it's a massive worldwide issue and if you don't know about it then there's no way you've worked for rentakill.

I'm fully aware of the 'issue', Tigger, but within the context of this thread it was YOUR issue, and therefore not the only matter under discussion.

By the way all the rentakill people I know don't even know how to lay poison properly and generaly haven't got a clue.

Not sure what you mean by this, Tigger. I train Rentokil staff to shoot, not lay poison. Generally, shooting any pest is only done when other methods have been considered and prove to be unsuitable. It's not a 'first resort', and even when it's used, air rifles are never used on feral cats. They are not the proper tools for the job, it's as simple as that.

If someones pet interfeers with my property/animals just the same as a rat or fox then wether it's illegal or not it's going in a bin bag, is that good enough for you ?

Sadly, it confirms what I thought. I truly hope none of your pets strays onto the property of someone with the same mindset as you, Tigger. My dear old bull terrier, Morris, once barged his way through my fence and dug up next-door's garden. It was a bit of a disaster and it cost me a few bob, but he didn't need to 'go in a bin-bag' for interfering with my neighbour's property.

And in my opinion as well as most sain minded people that's fair enough.

I very much doubt that most people would condone your attitude to people's pets, Tigger.

Regarding cats killing for pleasure and lurchers hunting, well your just talkin total nonsense you can't even compare the two. A person takes their dogs out hunting for a specific quarry they don't just go out killing as many mice,voles,SLOW WORMS,any bird etc with no regard for wildlife.

It was the 'pleasure' aspect I was inquiring about. You vociferously condemned cats for 'killing for the pleasure of it', and my point is, that most of us that hunt do so because we enjoy it, and for no other reason. Therefore, condemning cats for enjoying their hunts when we do exactly the same is a bit hypocritical to say the least.

I hope that clears up a few points for you.

Regards.

It's not my issue it's a massive worldwide issue and if you don't know about it then there's no way you've worked for rentakill.

I'm fully aware of the 'issue', Tigger, but within the context of this thread it was YOUR issue, and therefore not the only matter under discussion.

By the way all the rentakill people I know don't even know how to lay poison properly and generaly haven't got a clue.

Not sure what you mean by this, Tigger. I train Rentokil staff to shoot, not lay poison. Generally, shooting any pest is only done when other methods have been considered and prove to be unsuitable. It's not a 'first resort', and even when it's used, air rifles are never used on feral cats. They are not the proper tools for the job, it's as simple as that.

If someones pet interfeers with my property/animals just the same as a rat or fox then wether it's illegal or not it's going in a bin bag, is that good enough for you ?

Sadly, it confirms what I thought. I truly hope none of your pets strays onto the property of someone with the same mindset as you, Tigger. My dear old bull terrier, Morris, once barged his way through my fence and dug up next-door's garden. It was a bit of a disaster and it cost me a few bob, but he didn't need to 'go in a bin-bag' for interfering with my neighbour's property.

And in my opinion as well as most sain minded people that's fair enough.

I very much doubt that most people would condone your attitude to people's pets, Tigger.

Regarding cats killing for pleasure and lurchers hunting, well your just talkin total nonsense you can't even compare the two. A person takes their dogs out hunting for a specific quarry they don't just go out killing as many mice,voles,SLOW WORMS,any bird etc with no regard for wildlife.

It was the 'pleasure' aspect I was inquiring about. You vociferously condemned cats for 'killing for the pleasure of it', and my point is, that most of us that hunt do so because we enjoy it, and for no other reason. Therefore, condemning cats for enjoying their hunts when we do exactly the same is a bit hypocritical to say the least.

I hope that clears up a few points for you.

Regards.

It's amazin how little it takes to get people jumpin...........................in'it :lol::lol::P

It's amazin how little it takes to get people jumpin...........................in'it :lol::lol::P

Ah, the old 'Hey, I was only on a wind-up!' getout. :rolleyes:

I'm sure we're all convinced. <_<

I notice you mention the killing of A starling not endangered protected species .....such as SLOW WORMS!!

Starlings have been on the DEFRA's list of "not to shoot", for a few years now. They're in decline and can only be "controlled" under special circumstances, with the appropriate licence. Did the cat apply for said licence?

As for slow worms? Well I'm afraid my strimming accounts for more deaths, in my folks garden, than their cat ever does. It's unavoidable and even waiting till the cool of the evening, I still hit 5-6 each year.

Ban strimmers?

Edited by ooarr_not_a_maggot

Ah, the old 'Hey, I was only on a wind-up!' getout. :rolleyes:

I'm sure we're all convinced. <_<

I do stand by the majority of what I've said but I have flavoured it to catch the odd fish brain. Don't believe me? Check out my original post 341 with the comment...." Reet come on Cat crusaders give it some welly :lol:;) "

post 341

Can't believe that you are such Suckers, especially after the Otter thread where I said I was going to make myself some gloves.

wordbender...........you're not quite as sharp as you think, maybe it's a sign of age eh? :P

wordbender...........you're not quite as sharp as you think, maybe it's a sign of age eh? :P

Hey, Tiggs old chap; I'm still sharp enough to spot an Olympic standard back-peddler when I see one, and so is everyone else on here. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

I do stand by the majority of what I've said but I have flavoured it to catch the odd fish brain.

And I caught you old chap :D

And I caught you old chap :D

Tigger - you can't claim, especially in the same post :rolleyes: that you stand by most of what you said, then claim you're on a wind-up.

You know you've been sussed - just hold your hands up instead of digging yourself deeper. Everyone knows the score anyway. ;)

Seriously, they do. :lol: