Another member of the mullet club!

musket

Martin(Borderman)and I had another go for mullet yesterday.Gorgeous weather and Martin landed his first mullet :D :

martinsmullet.jpg

I was wondering if this was a golden grey as it has the cheek mark but also(unlike the last three thin lips) was very slimey which is meant to be a sign.

well done Martin-thick lips next!

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Cracking fish Musket, It is a Golden Grey watched a program other night with Dave Lewis, Matt Hayes and Mick Brown fishing a beach in Wales they were catching these and was said to be very elusive to catch so well done, :clap: how did you catch it?

Golden Grey Mullet

Thanks for the reply HM,

It was Borderman not I, that caught it on a small piece of slow retrieved rag.

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Thanks for popping the post up Jon. I haven't the expertise to fiddle with pictures.

A very memorable day indeed, and I feel honoured to belong to such a prestigious Club ;)

Thanks for the info HM. Elusive hey....that'll be the last Golden I catch then :lol:

Tried again today but only landed a schoolie. Still fun tho, even as the rain started and I lost sensation in my fingers.

Roll on spring B)

Was that from the Kayak or the shore Codshead?

Or did you just land to take the photo?

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Mullet-...den+grey+mullet

It was from the yak , but me phone , which I used to take the photo was in the front hatch , so I landed at a nearby sandbank , that appears near L.W., shame the sunlight blocked out the golden spots, what did surprise me is the shad it took.