flavoured hookable pellets

mike1234

i have been looking at ready made hookable pellets in all kinds of flavours but have never used them before,

does anyone know what is the best way to fish them and if they are any good

i regularly fish two venues one is a large lake with lots of carp, tench, and bream up2 double figures the other is a small farm pond where i have pulled out a few nice tench and the odd small carp on corn and bread

i am having a lot of trouble locating the bigger fish in the lake as i have said in another thread could hookable pellets be the answer ?

hi mike ive just read your other topic and i dont thhink your problem is your hook bait.

i think the best method for you is going back to basics forget all the new and improved baits and extracts that just jump out from the shelves at you stick to your float mathod fish slightly over depth with a mixture of crumb and grounbait feeding a small amount of maggots and work on your techniqe at first you will only catch roach and rudd and such like but it may attract the bigger fish and you never know what you might get.

You can then progress to the next levle with purchasing ur pellets with some feed pellets aswell and do the same technique with the pellets as u would with teh maggots but you have to take into account its getting cold now the bigger fish are harder to catch and are not feeding as much

tight lines

Yes Mike, I use soft hooker pellets quite a bit. I'm not sure if it will solve your problem, but on some waters they can be deadly. I usually fish them over feed pellets, but bear in mind that as the weather is getting colder, you should start feeding sparingly. Some ready made pellets can be a bit too soft, and are a bu**er to keep on. GOT pellets I've found to be the best. I use a Kamasan B911 size 16 and just push into the pellet up to the bend (this is using 6mm pellets).

As for flavours, there's a bewildering range to choose from. It's probably a good idea to have a selection, say strawberry, halibut, catmeat etc, and try them out. Also have a chat to locals and see what works for them.

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

cheers for the info, i think i will give them a try if i get chance to get any fishing done in the next week or so, or might have to wait for the warmer weather to come back before they take effect

Try the rivers mate, better still if you can find a smaller river with some flow then you should catch through the winter. surprising what you can attract with a single maggot either float fished or ledgered. I had some good fun today on a smaller river, even after all these frost nights. Lots of small fish but the occasional bigger chub and roach.

Still waters switch off in the winter, find a river with a flow and the fish HAVE to feed to maintain energy levels.

mike i have tried some differnt hookable pellets mostly (hali hookers) sometime's they can be a real nesence and keep coming off but then i changed the size of my hook to one a couple sizes bigger then the pellet and i was hitting fish on the drop, the only problem is that the get pulled off easly so i would probly slide them over the top of the eye of the hook

liam

Edited by Liam7