XP to Vista memory sticks

Ian Burrett

News to me Ian. I've had no problem with USB keys on my two Vista machines.

Though your acquaintance could be referring to the "Readyboost" feature of Vista, where a USB key is utilised as a kind of extension the the RAM. That feature is currently limited to using a maximum of 4Gb, but should not cause instability on devices with higher capacities; only 4Gb will be assigned for Readyboost.

Cheers

Ian.

News to me Ian. I've had no problem with USB keys on my two Vista machines.

Though your acquaintance could be referring to the "Readyboost" feature of Vista, where a USB key is utilised as a kind of extension the the RAM. That feature is currently limited to using a maximum of 4Gb, but should not cause instability on devices with higher capacities; only 4Gb will be assigned for Readyboost.

Cheers

Ian.

Hi Ian

Thanks for the help,It looks like my guaranteed 24 hour delivery has failed again

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Ian,

Data transfer can be done using a home network either via wireless or cross over cable.

Or utilising your router at home with a parrallel cable. Many options are available if the usb key proves unreliable...which I doubt.

Another thought is to back up documents online so you can access them worldwide cos we all know what you jet-setters are like. I you need space/help to do this let me know.

I dont see any reason why a usb key should be any more unreliable than any other type of media transfer device.

Cheers

dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Rather than using a USB stick especially 4Gig, nice, maybe use a crossover cable as stated above or if its possible a USB data cable between the two?

Maybe keep the 4 Gig stick as a back up medium?

And of course you have backed up onto a DVD as wells o you dont rip your hair out when that vital data goes down?

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now, only much, much better!