carp stuff

carpykris

hello there when i go to my local gravel pit with about 40 carp in i use the stander dixxed rig and bollies all flavours can anyone help me with better baits. . . . also any rele good baiting ideas for this winter like stick mixes or ground bait and what flavour and coulour boilies and any rele good winter rigs please help me out people

Hey

What sort of size is the lake? and what size are the carp you're fishing for?

Winter carping isn't as difficult as it seems, if i were you, i'd spend more time watching the water and staying mobile, look for deeper water and sheltered areas and keep baiting to a minimum.

As for baits, i like the new KG1 boolies but haven't used them in the winter yet, i used to use Trigga Ice with a good sucess rate. I love tiger nuts but have always been under the impression they're again more summery. And methods really depend on what the bottom is like, sticks are good, but have you seen them on the korda underwater dvd's? Its interessting how they react and how easily they're washed away by passing fish, stick to small bags of whatever you choose.

Just my opinions so hope that helps

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"