Amy Winehouse

five bellies

And the problem with deepest Yorkshire is?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Unfortunately and quite upsetting for most , Yorkshire is by far and away , the superior county on this little island. It provides a fantastic logistical base for all the top retail companies / warehouses , has some of the most spectacular landscape around , coastlines to die for , accents we can all understand , the finest looking women you could ever wish to meet , the hardest working (well most) men / women , the easiest way of life , the best fishing around , tallest free-standing structure in europe , yorkshire puddings , cheap pubs / clubs , fantastic history , home of some great painters / sculpters / artists , home of last of the summer wine , heartbeat , emmerdale and all creatures great and small , the ful monty + brassed off , yorkshire dales / north yorkshire moors........my fingers are getting sore but the list is endless , oh and home to Gozzer and Mr Motorola .

And about 3,000,000 Netto supermarkets!!!!

So , before slating 'deepest Yorkshire' , remember who and what you are demeaning Bill.

I could agree with most of this too....Haven't come across the finest lookin women yet and I do hope that you're not including Mr. Hockney in your feelings about good Yorkshire artists.... :unsure::D:D

Paul

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My brother committed the ultimate in self-sacrifice for a Lancastrian. He moved to Yorkshire so that his missus would feel prettier!

I wouldn't get into any arguements about the qualities of Yorkshire versus Lancastrian women if I were you :unsure: .

You stand to get a thump from either Judy or Janet. :boxing::slap::black_eye:

Women, they're all lovely. :wub::hypocrite:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I wouldn't pay to see her myself but can understand the fans who did being more than a bit p*ssed off, i mean drug addict or not you expect a musician or any entertainer for that matter to be professional enough not to turn up for work p*ssed or high as a kite, not only does that show a lack of respect for herself but also for the audience who pay her wage at the end of the day. If she wants to experiment with drink and drugs to supposedly improve her creativeness then fine but she should keep it off the stage.

Edited by snakey1

It's not that the drink and the drugs improve her creativeness, they're part of the lifestyle that maintains the creativeness, and as for keeping it off stage, that isn't really possible or probable is it? I've seen Winehouse a few times, and her condition varied from pretty straight to pretty wasted, the gig where she was straight was definately the dullest, the gig where she seemed most wasted wasn't the best though! The day Winehouse kicks drink and drugs is the day her act changes beyond recognition, and probably not for the better.

If you think that a musican should perform at gigs in such a state that they can't remember their words or play their instruments correctly then thats up to you but i would be more than annoyed if i'd paid to see her.If she can't be trusted to turn up in a semi sober state then her management should have the decency to cancel the gig rather than waste everyones time and money but then they would have to refund the fans money wouldn't they.

As for maintaining her creativeness i don't see how anyone who spends most of their time bent out of shape on booze and heroin can do much in the way of being creative.

Edited by snakey1

Not all creative artist are hell bent on destroying themselves.

Her music is a matter of personal choice and I can take it or leave it, certainly not the best I've heard in that type of music.

And this is not a personal dig jeepster as I do believe there is some truth in what you say, but it is sad to think that it is accepted that without being wasted you can't be creative, the whole concept is totally destructive.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Guest Brumagem Phil
Keep your own problems off these forums, we don't want to witness that cr*p.

Once again, a thread has degenerated into petty bickering - that stops now or this thread goes.

To be fair John, most on this thread (and a few other threads lately) have been bantering quite nicely and nothing has got out of hand. If two people want to bring a private squabble here, then they should be turfed off the thread rather making the rest of us suffer by closing the thread.

IMO anyway.

As for maintaining her creativeness i don't see how anyone who spends most of their time bent out of shape on booze and heroin can do much in the way of being creative.

Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, Jim Morrison were all pretty creative in between bouts of unconsciousness. Lennon and McCartney certainly weren't averse to a bit of "mind expansion". It's not a modern thing either, people like Keats and Shelley (maybe even Shakespeare) used opium.

Exactly Colin, I'm not saying it's obligatory for performers to be addicted to anything, but some people simply would not have the edge it needs to make them perform, compose, paint, sculpt, whatever were it not for the intoxicants they consume, and the world is a better place for having the work Lennon, Morrison, Winehouse, Keats, Coleridge etc.

Oh and Phil, if you bothered looking, you'd see I've edited all my off topic comments and am trying to let the matter drop, by continuing the thread in the vein it was started, shame you can't do the same.

Jon.

Edited by jeepster