Catfish anyone? (no, not them 'orrible overgrown slugs)

Latimeria

Not long, in fact it happens on the phone!

I keep meaning to bring my gear up, but it always seems that there won't be time to do any fishing. I'm over Blackpool way more often than Manchester these days, there's been a bit of an exodus of relatives to the coast. My sister actually lives on the sea front, right up at the end of North Promenade, so I should probably take the beach rods. I'd love to go back to Manchester and catch a barbel from the Tame, though, I believe the river is pretty decent fishing these days. There was decent fishing from around Ashton upstream when I left, but the bottom end was still pretty grim. The Goyt was getting good.

• Like 1

Ah, like that is it? I know there was a population in the Goyt back then, but they weren't exactly common. Still, catching anything better than condoms, sanitary towels and hepatitis from the lower Tame is a win!

• 3 years later...

I love my panda corydoras. The same cannot be said for Wels- hideous fish.