best/lightest roving chair

richjones

Another option is a cheapy foldaway 'camping' chair like you see in petrol stations or Argos. After asking a similar question on the forum a while back, I bought one of these for about £8 (but have since seen them even cheaper!). They're no good on sloping banks but they weigh next to nothing, are comfortable and, importantly, fold up (instantly) and slip easily into a carrying 'tube' which you can sling over your shoulder, so a doddle to pack up and carry around.

After years lugging fishing chairs around have gone for the "Argos option". Big bonus is if you are using a small roving quiver then the smaller economy chairs will slip in nicely.

For uneven banks I also carry one of these rolled up in the quiver..

http://www.force4.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs...61-22ae9968bc6a

Don't want to depress you, but I've got one of those chairs and they're a nightmare on uneven banks. Unless you're extremely careful about making sure the legs are fully spread (oo-er), you'll find that you spend quite a lot of time unexpectedly on your back, as you can't lock them in position. Also when you're carrying it, watch out for the back rest falling off (it just slides off the frame)...

Cheers for the tips mate

TBH the chair is for bigger venues anyway like reservoirs/gravel pits....having a chair for the rivers I fish would be useless, not enough room!

Chub Lo-Lite, just try one!!

If I was going to buy a new one i'd go for the same one Ducktape. I've got a Fox Stalker and although it's pretty comfy, it's heavier than most.

When I was on the Hampshire Avon a few months ago one of my friends had a Nash Bum Buddy fold up chair that basically sat flat on the bank and gave him back support. It all folded up into a small size and he put it in his bag and walked off. Very nice!!

James P

"if i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer!"

thanks for all of the replys guys,

i think i will probably just invest in a comfy unhooking mat for the river work, and look for a big armchair of a thing for when i target canals and stillwaters!

anyway im off to the river tomorrow in search of chub, fishing a strech that is 99% fly fishermen. iv heard reports of them catching chub over 5lb on the fly so im hoping a bit of bread might tempt a couple from the salmon pools!

il let you know if things go well.

cheers

rich