Can't reinstall Win7

Manxman

After foolishly reserving the new Win 10. Win update stopped updating and only gave me the option to download Win 10, no other updates were available. After getting fed up to the back teeth with it I looked on line for a way to get rid of the 10 update. The solution worked for a day or two then went back to wanting to upgrade to 10.

This morning I decided to do a new install of Win 7. I've done that about once a year so I'm familiar with the process. Once it installs itself Win 7 restarts itself but hangs. I've left it for up to an hour. I can't remember how many times I've tried it the past nine hours and it's got me beaten. I've tried installing from a CD and a bootable pen drive to no avail.

Any recommendations, besides skipping it will be very helpful. The PC was running great with no problems be I tried to reinstall other than the constant wanting to update to win 10. Sent from a 10 year old laptop.

Thanks.

Edited by Manxman

Got it sorted, I have a dual monitor setup. Windows was finalising on the smaller monitor which I had turned off. It's easy to be a bit thick at my age.

Now that you have a nice clean install of & Update it to 10. I'm running Windows 10 and it works a treat. Faster and uses less memory than Windows 7. I'd not like to go back now.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Win-10 is great assuming you don't have anything essential that hasn't been upgraded to use it. I keep one PC running 8.1 for dealing with those but the others are happily running 10.

If your hardware is too old to handle it, your best option is to get new hardware. 7 and older are going to get harder & harder to use.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Cory. Im surprised at you installing windows 10. MS been taking a bt of a slagging because of the data harvesting and the win 10 upgrade nags and suspect "important update & down right dirty trickery" bs on win7.

Newt, old hardware go with linux its unbelievably fast on my ageing hardware while ALSO running win7 in a virtual machine (think emulator) faster than windows 7 on its own...

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Cory. Im surprised at you installing windows 10. MS been taking a bt of a slagging because of the data harvesting and the win 10 upgrade nags and suspect "important update & down right dirty trickery" bs on win7.

Newt, old hardware go with linux its unbelievably fast on my ageing hardware while ALSO running win7 in a virtual machine (think emulator) faster than windows 7 on its own...

It runs as sweet as a nut for me. I've only got 4GB RAM and my PC won't take any more so running VMs are not really an option for me.

Cortana is disabled. I know how to use Google and I know my own hard disks like the back of my hand.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm going to stick with Win 7 for a lot longer yet, Microsoft will probably have Win 12 out before I change. I can't fault it on my machine.

As for Win 10 data harvesting there are a lot of articles on the net as to how to stop it quite easily.