Stormy Weather

Leon Roskilly

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bass yes! Codling no!

I'm hoping for a bit of NW tomorrow and loadsa free bait ......

;)

slimpet6.jpg

Yummeeee!!!!

bass2iotbstuart201107.jpg

:D

:clap2: Went for a drive aolng southsea front from Clarence to Eastney, lots of colour in the water, S/W 7 I'd say, supposed to be going Westerly 6 later and a westerly 5 by Tuesday. Plenty of limpet about and I'm sure there will be codling amongst those bass. Might even go myself. :clap2:

That's one of the things I miss about Bournemouth Bay, walking the beach after a storm and picking up slipper limpet, always salted mine down in jam jars, they go like leather and cast well, once in the water they soften up, ace bait for bass and cod.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

That's one of the things I miss about Bournemouth Bay, walking the beach after a storm and picking up slipper limpet, always salted mine down in jam jars, they go like leather and cast well, once in the water they soften up, ace bait for bass and cod.

:clap2: And they're free. :clap2:

It's blowy down here... Just copied and pasted this from the Guernsey Met live data forecast..

Mean Direction (°T) - 280 W

Mean Wind Speed (knots) - 37 (F8)

10 min. Highest Gust (knots) - 49 (F10)

60 min. Highest Gust (knots) - 69 (F12)

Force 12 sounds interesting. Thought it felt blowy when I went out to rescue the bin just before...

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

It's blowy down here... Just copied and pasted this from the Guernsey Met live data forecast..

Mean Direction (°T) - 280 W

Mean Wind Speed (knots) - 37 (F8)

10 min. Highest Gust (knots) - 49 (F10)

60 min. Highest Gust (knots) - 69 (F12)

Force 12 sounds interesting. Thought it felt blowy when I went out to rescue the bin just before...

Taking a battering here to Andy. Sky dish has snapped off, I went on to roof to check, by eck it was 'breezy'. Then the timber I had stored on the flat roof on back of shop took a burton in to next doors garden, hope we get through the night!

Boat has four ropes and a chain on it!

At least i'm east coast and my house is well sheltered from most other than an easterly, it's bad down by my parents at L'Eree, i drove along the coast road about half tide and though the sea was coming over the wall it was safe as the F10 westerly was simply picking the wave and chucking it 200yards across to the house, straight over the road. Bit like driving through a tunnel!! Saw one thing which looked to show the wind which was a lamp post snapped in half in the middle blowing about, holding on by the cable through the middle, away from the road as well so doubt it was a lorry or something. Also spotted someones patio heater with the metal thing round the top only just hanging on, guess the heater itself must have been well secured enough.

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

At least i'm east coast and my house is well sheltered from most other than an easterly, it's bad down by my parents at L'Eree, i drove along the coast road about half tide and though the sea was coming over the wall it was safe as the F10 westerly was simply picking the wave and chucking it 200yards across to the house, straight over the road. Bit like driving through a tunnel!! Saw one thing which looked to show the wind which was a lamp post snapped in half in the middle blowing about, holding on by the cable through the middle, away from the road as well so doubt it was a lorry or something. Also spotted someones patio heater with the metal thing round the top only just hanging on, guess the heater itself must have been well secured enough.

Force of nature eh, often felt for those around the world that suffer terrible hurricanes and the like, they must be heroes, I didn't enjoy yestrday at all. Going to check my boat, hopefully still held on by 4 ropes and a chain!

Channel light vessel stats here:-

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=62103

F8+ for 8 hours yesterday, and that just the mean speed, not the gusts. Saw a Nab17 moored in one of the bays yesterday, but not this morning, I think it's filled up with rain & spray and sunk. A couple of big bushes/small trees were down on roads and my dustbin lid has totally vanished even though it had 1/2 a paving slab holding it down. Good job it wasn't big tides or there would have been massive damage.

Edited by Toerag

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com