World Record Crucian Carp

Elton

Posted on behalf of Des. Please add all replies to this thread:

can any one tell me what is the world record crucian carp because in august this year i caught a 5 lb crucian in the river Ebro? i was fishing with Gary Peacock the owner of the bank we were on he said i may be a record fish, I have two witness and good photos please let know what you think i should do?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

we fish as you know on the ebro . in october of this year we landed a 7.05lbs crucian carp witnesd by eight anglers . the fish took a halibutt pellet . in the process we also landed 12.000lbs oif catfish the same week.

I may be wrong but I don't think that's a Crucian.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

No its not a crucian! Some guide eh!! :P I certainly wouldnt put my reputation on the line with just one photograph but it looks a lot more like the Carousso Carp (an ornemental strain I believe that was accidently stocked but not 100%)that we often used to use as bait for cats in France than a crucian.An easy mistake to make if youve not caught many true crucians as Ive see many English anglers do the same in France.

Every country Ive ever fished in seems to have its own "wild" population of a crucian carp similar/look a bit like(!) species that leave anglers unsure.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Have to be honest mate i wouldn't say that it was a crucian either, theres a good article on id-ing crucians here

Hope that helps

Edited by Fishy Dom

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"