Big waves off Ireland

Colin Brett

It certainly looks like that area took (and is still taking) quite a pounding.

Not a good day to be fishing offshore for sure.

map2.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

It certainly looks like that area took (and is still taking) quite a pounding.

Not a good day to be fishing offshore for sure.

Despite appeals for people to stay away from the west coast seafronts, many have gone to have a look with tragic consequences for 2 who were I believe swept away by the huge waves.

Colin

How bad did it get?

It looks like things are still pretty rough up your way and that France is now taking a pretty bad pounding although not as bad as yours was.

map3.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I watched the Irish news on RTE last night and they showed clips of the 50 foot waves. They also showed surfers surfing in on the waves.

These guys are NUTS!

Chance in a lifetime was how they justified it.

Ferox are more than Mythical. www.darkmileferox.co.uk

I watched the Irish news on RTE last night and they showed clips of the 50 foot waves. They also showed surfers surfing in on the waves.

These guys are NUTS!

Chance in a lifetime was how they justified it.

Tow in surfers have been catching waves this size around the world(at breaks like jaws for instance) for quite a while now so its just there location that makes them a bit different.heres a link to some photos of what they've been up to.big wave surfers ireland

Two lobster fishermen, a father and teenage son, lost thier lives again yesterday. They were winched off their open deck boat after getting into dificulties but died in hospital later. What price a few lobsters?. The sad thing is this stupidity can harm others who are trying to rescue those with little sense. The Gales are now switching to a southerly direction.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..