News from Sweden...

Jan O

...summer is closing in and its really zander time right now... Yesterday I made a serious attempt to catch one of the bigger females... It was hard, only males where interested, but very nice sizes and numbers, 15 fish in four hours, the biggest was a coloured fish at almost 10 ppunds... all on VJ using big jigs...

post-3321-1243260641_thumb.jpg

post-3321-1243260660_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jan O

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
...summer is closing in and its really zander time right now... Yesterday I made a serious attempt to catch one of the bigger females... It was hard, only males where interested, but very nice sizes and numbers, 15 fish in four hours, the biggest was a coloured fish at almost 10 ppunds... all on VJ using big jigs...

Great pic's ....as usual Jan O, sounds like a excellent session :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

...time is flying... its already midsummer and im actually enjoying a small glas of Lagavulin and at the same time planing a flyfishing trip in october to British Columbia, fishing för Coho Salmon among other great fish http://www.pittriverlodge.com/ ... recently the fishing in my nearby lakes has been super... enclosing at few pics for anyone interested... Soon its time for some serious attempts on big perch, Live Well and if you celebrate midsummer, have a nice one.... Btw, Trigger X Zander, a gel that contains feromones has been outstanding... spice your jigs and be amazed...

post-3321-1245361023_thumb.jpg

post-3321-1245361049_thumb.jpg

post-3321-1245361182_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jan O

Live Well and if you celebrate midsummer, have a nice one

Hej Jan!

Copious quantities of raw/pickled herring, new potatoes and snaps! Like every midsummer, mild alcohol poisoning, rain, mother in law bending my ear hole, and a hung over tench session the day after! Have good one!

Kind regards /SL

...Budgie, what are you wating for? People find so many excuses Not to go fishing... ;). Get some friends together in may next year and I will show you the best zander fishing there is.... At least in Sweden... Well, now its barebeque and czech beer for the rest of the evening... zander fishing tomorrow... Live well.

• 1 month later...

...hello friends, the swedish summer has been lovely this year, lots of sun and c-vitamin... Ive done som traveling lately, fishing for zander in lake Storsjön in the middle of Sweden, not without succes, a green Fin-S was strong medicin... Now im awaiting september, if the rain comes it will be a wonderful autumn for seatrout....

Live well... I do...

post-3321-1249494525_thumb.jpg

post-3321-1249494543_thumb.jpg

post-3321-1249494613_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hello my friends, very long time, no see... Time just fly. Ive been busy working, among other things ive launched a swedish fishingnews magazine on the internet fiskenyheter and this has taken an enormous amount of time, its doing great... But, ive also been to your wonderful island, fishing for salmon in river North Esk for the second time. I managed to catch two lovely springer, enclosing a pic of one of the. This one was caught at Pert, Bridges beat. Now im just awaiting my friends to report that the zander fishing has started, it cant be long now... Live Well.

//Jan O

post-3321-1272431813_thumb.jpg