Wingham Fish-In 2008

Steve Burke

One good turn......... :thumbs:

I think that was a typo and he really meant "One good tern" since Wingham is known for being a great birdwatching area as well as having big fish.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really would encourage everyone to get their names down when Steve opens up the bookings, especially if you've never fished there before. It's a fantastic weekend and you may well smash a PB or two. I can never understand when he has spaces left! There is no-where like Wingham, if you get the chance to fish there, grab it! It has a certain magic. It's worth a visit for the wildlife alone.

(I wouldn't recommend fishing next to Richard Capper though. He cheats :P )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

That's a little harsh Anderoo, to be fair to Richard I'd broken the swim in for him at the previous three fish ins! :whistling:

In all seriousness though he did unbelievably well.

I'm not sure I'll be able to make next years event, my firstborn is due on March 7th so I think I'm going to be otherwise occupied.

Edited by Rob Ward

I'm not sure I'll be able to make next years event, my firstborn is due on March 7th so I think I'm going to be otherwise occupied.

You were "otherwise occupied" when the keel was being laid but will not be needed when the ship is launched and as the timing works out, your blessed event will be several months old by May so a celebratory fishing weekend will be in order.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

What sort of setup is generally needed for fishing at Wingham? From what I've read from previous topics it is mostly buzzers, I fish mostly on rivers or floar fish still waters so I don't have any of the equipment really i.e. multiple rod setup, buzzers, bivvy etc.

Errrm

What sort of setup is generally needed for fishing at Wingham? From what I've read from previous topics it is mostly buzzers, I fish mostly on rivers or floar fish still waters so I don't have any of the equipment really i.e. multiple rod setup, buzzers, bivvy etc.

Errrm

It really doesn't have to be buzzers etc. It depends on the swim Steve gives you though I think he tries to match swims to anglers preferred methods. Last time I had all my fish at distance but I think others caught in the margins. It also depends on what you are hoping to catch.

Rich

Just got to underline what Anderoo said about you guys who have not yet fished Wingham putting your name down.

Ive been lucky enough to have fished most of the country (if not in fact most of Europes) top waters.Some have cost me a lot of arse licking and favours! others have cost me relationships! and others vast sums of hard cash! Wingham must rate as one of the top specimen waters of modern day and us lucky people are being given not only the chance to fish it for free but to have the owner actially show us how and where to fish it!

In just one of the previous two day AN fish ins there were more specimen fish caught than would have been reported to the angling press in a complete season a decade or so ago! Those are the hard facts.On top of that you also have the unique chance to fish a really beautiful and tranquil water where time seems to stand still.

Dont worry if youve not got some bit of tackle or not used to big fish angling.Plenty of people there to help you out.

The most amazing thing in angling to me every year is that this event is often under subscribed!!!

Make the effort cause you are mugs if you dont.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Does anyone know if Jan & I hold the 'distance traveled to fish Wingham' record or has someone topped 4460 miles?