Wingham Fish-In 2008

Steve Burke

Tigger if your comming this year be prepared to be pampered! The guys really put themselves out for the AN fish ins.Not only is a swim chosen for your exact needs (ie species,number of rods you wish to use etc etc) but you are delivered with your gear to them and then the Burkester himself will visit you in swim and advise you of the features in it and most productive tactics.The two main baillifs who both fish the water as well as being on it most days can also advise you.Also a couple of the syndicate members who live locally will walk around freely sharing their knowledge! ALL FOR NOTHING! A great experience.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger
Tigger if your comming this year be prepared to be pampered! The guys really put themselves out for the AN fish ins.Not only is a swim chosen for your exact needs (ie species,number of rods you wish to use etc etc) but you are delivered with your gear to them and then the Burkester himself will visit you in swim and advise you of the features in it and most productive tactics.The two main baillifs who both fish the water as well as being on it most days can also advise you.Also a couple of the syndicate members who live locally will walk around freely sharing their knowledge! ALL FOR NOTHING! A great experience.

Yeah Budgie if there are a couple of places for me and a m8 of mine (he is a board member, just doesn't post alot) then I'll be coming down to Wingham. It'll be good to see yourself and the other AN members, as well as the fishing of course.

Ah Budgie , but apart from the chosen swim , gear delivery , Steve Burke visit , free advice , fantastic local knowledge and a great experience , what have the 'Winghams' ever done for us ? :D

Tigger if your comming this year be prepared to be pampered! The guys really put themselves out for the AN fish ins.Not only is a swim chosen for your exact needs (ie species,number of rods you wish to use etc etc) but you are delivered with your gear to them and then the Burkester himself will visit you in swim and......

....nick your scotch eggs! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Ah Budgie , but apart from the chosen swim , gear delivery , Steve Burke visit , free advice , fantastic local knowledge and a great experience , what have the 'Winghams' ever done for us ? :D

:lol: Sod off Big Nose I hate you bleedin Judean Peoples Front wallies!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

You forgot the fantastic BBQ :D

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Guest tigger

I wonder what wingham was before filling up with water ? From the aerial photo it looks like there's rows of underwater trenches.

buy the way elton what food will you have , i get a bit hungry after running you around ;) .

The only food Elton will have, would have been eaten by the time you get there Glyn! Thereafter he eats everyone else's!!!!! :lol::D:lol::D

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I wonder what wingham was before filling up with water ? From the aerial photo it looks like there's rows of underwater trenches.

Tigger, it's an old gravel working and is absolutely littered with huge gravel bars. The ones you can see in the picture are the shallowest ones (some are 30-40ft wide!), but there are other deeper ones which don't show up. The two 'main' trenches are (I think) old roads where the machinery used to drive.

That's one of the things that makes it so interesting. Maybe you think the fish might feed on top of a bar - but which one! Perhaps you reckon they might be patrolling along the bottom of a bar, but again, which do you go for? And which side of it? The reason the margins are a good place to fish is that (besides the fact that the fish come in very close) you can feed and cast accurately. It's a windy place, and if you get a cast wrong by a few feet you could be on the top of a 2ft deep bar instead of at the bottom of it in 10ft of water :rolleyes:

Of course, looking at it in real life you can't see any of the stuff in the picture, it's just a sheet of water. That's why it's a good idea to listen to Steve and the baliffs who know the place really well.

The other thing - maybe the main thing - about Wingham is the sense of wildness and the incredible amounts of wildlife, some of it pretty rare (like Cetti Warblers and Black Kites). The amount of birdsong is amazing. It really is a timeless kind of place.

And you might catch a record fish :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music