We're Trouta here!

Chris Plumb

Is it April 1st already.....?

Paul

Smashing picture but it doesn't really surprise me in the slightest. I've seen brown trout in some really bizarre places. On Rannoch Moor, there are trout zipping around in peat drains and some hillside tarns no more than a few feet across, miles from the nearest loch or river. There's a roadside ditch, with no apparent source of migratory fish, not a mile from my house that has a fairly substantial population of stunted brownies. There's an overflow stank coming off a ressie a few miles away that has it's own population and there are numerous tiny burns all over my neck of the woods that support populations of teeny browns, so it seems that one way or another, trout will get around, whether it's by flowing water or egg introduction (I think).

Just curious....does anyone have a garden pond/pool that has become populated by sticklebacks even, through apparently natural means?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...