Rich's back!

SeaDooDavid

Hows your back Richi? Hope you are feeling better mate :thumbs: Not good having a bad back this time of year! How are you gonna go out "gathering winter fuuuuuueeeeelllll!"? he he :rolleyes:

SDD~~~ :sun:

much better thanks Dave,got out today ;)

Decided late last night to fish Browndown.Met Tratty at about a quarter to ten,it was very cold.Rigged up and readied ourselves for launch

IMGP0570.jpg

We decided to stay quite close inshore (about 1/2 mile)

IMGP0571.jpg

Fishing after an initial slow start (where we were both getting bites but failed to connect) got quite busy with numerous pout

IMGP0572.jpg

Whiting

IMGP0574.jpg

and I also caught a small Bass

IMGP0575.jpg

But no cod :o

At the end of our session we were joined by another yakfisherman who anchored up a small distance away but appeared to drift away before we had the chance to chat or recognise him

IMGP0576.jpg

afterwards in the car park we realised when he returned that it was v8Rob,congratulations on your first outing Rob----if you can handle a snotty sea and temperatures around zero you are well on the way to ExtremeKayakfishing :D

Even though it was bloody cold we had a great time :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Extreme stuff as ever Richi :clap2: Nice Bass there mate :thumbs: The silver fellas still elude me, seems everybody else around my area sees them as a bi-catch except me!!! I have had every species imaginable except the bloomin Bass aaarrrggh!

Still, this summer I reckon is the one :rolleyes:

Extreme stuff as ever Richi :clap2: Nice Bass there mate :thumbs: The silver fellas still elude me, seems everybody else around my area sees them as a bi-catch except me!!! I have had every species imaginable except the bloomin Bass aaarrrggh!

Still, this summer I reckon is the one :rolleyes:

reckon a visit to the Conger Hunt might solve your Bass problem---your good friend mr.Hurst had a 7 1/2lber and an 8 1/2lber last year :rolleyes:;)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Its about time SDD you got yourself down to Wales for a few days. Not a case of will I get a Bass but how many do I want to catch :D Hope to get up to St Bees after New year , but whether i'll have the room or the permission to take the yak is questionable <_< Hows the cod fishing been this year?? Heard it fished well North of Workington for codling early season but havent heard much re St Bees , Netherton , Braystones or your selker area!!

afternoon edit - apparently there were some good cod catches down the chain below the lighthouse on the North heads - never been brave enough for that trip but accesable on the yak on a good day ;)

Edited by Martin Hurst

Ok Prowler 13

Its about time SDD you got yourself down to Wales for a few days. Not a case of will I get a Bass but how many do I want to catch :D Hope to get up to St Bees after New year , but whether i'll have the room or the permission to take the yak is questionable <_< Hows the cod fishing been this year?? Heard it fished well North of Workington for codling early season but havent heard much re St Bees , Netherton , Braystones or your selker area!!

afternoon edit - apparently there were some good cod catches down the chain below the lighthouse on the North heads - never been brave enough for that trip but accesable on the yak on a good day ;)

Hey Brittas :thumbs:

Yep heard the codling have been coming in regularly!, wish I could say it had been me but not been out a lot due to weather and work (the usual!!) Our range safety craft has been pulling them in while at anchor over Drigg rock area whilst waiting for me to send him on a mission haha!! Jammy s@d!

Been talking to the FPO regarding a Wales trip in spring / summer, she loves it down there as we spent a bit of time touring them there welsh valleys boyo!. So planning giving you boys a visit sometime soon :clap2:

Soon be time to get out and about though!!!

Not sure about the conger bash if at night Richi! Only done a few evenings at dusk! Summat spooky about the sea at night! Not got myself to full "extreme" level like yerself yet but leave it with me ha ha :rolleyes: Will get there in the end (may need to tag along with some of you boys first before venturing out solo of course (even close in!!)

Roll on calm weather ~~~~~~~ :sun: