Sea Fishing Licence - would you pay?

Fastrantiger

No i would not. Well not unless the government provide a two mile commercial excluetion zone around the coast of britain to protect the coastal fisherys and habitats.

The other question you have to ask yourself is. With our leaderships current record, would you trust them to deliver on their promises? The words dishonest, untrustworthy and sneeky spring to mind. :sneaky2:

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you trust them not to lose your details in the post?

Could you be sure that some anti, working in a government department would not pass your details onto http://www.pisces.demon.co.uk/ ???????????

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Pisces.

What siko's dreamed up an organisation like that. Makes you wonder who is normal. :crazy::crazy::crazy: Wonder if any of those eat fresh sea fish like i do. Wonder if anyone of those would like to knock on my door to try and talk me out of the sport i have done for over thirty years. Come to that i wonder what these type of ................ errrrrr people actually eat.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

There are loads of misconceptions about the public right to fish and engage in ancillary activities like bait digging.

Our usual understanding that everyone has access to areas between HW and LW and our rights to fish go back to Magna Carta are quite wrong. These rights actually precede Magna Carta.

Our rights to fish are generally covered by Immemorial custom which is embedded in English Law; but worth remembering that such legal tightropes can be toppled at any time by Statute.

A good summary of public Fishing/Angling rights is given here:

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Articles/The_Public...ht_to_Fish.html

As far as licences are concerned, I'll reserve my right to 'vote with my feet'.

I've fished for 54 years and if the Govt now wants me to buy a license they need to do a pretty good marketing/selling presentation before I actually buy one.

Some folks call me an 'angling rep' which I am not and never have been (although I was, until recently on a Sea Fisheries Committee). In all the meetings I have attended (including at DEFRA), I have never heard a single so-called 'angling rep' or organisation enter into discussion about or ask for a license for sea angling.

<_<

The question is really irrellevent because if they do introduce it it will be mandatory for all - including those that say "Ill only pay if .................................. ".

Stood in court saying "Well your honour, They didnt stick to their side of the deal - they never gave us bigger fish" will not count as a form of defence and it wont make any difference.

To be honest I think its coming head on to meat you and there is nothing you can do to turn it around.

Reality Check - This is Britain, the land of the beurocrat. If your local sea fisheries committee is anything like mine they will already have your money accounted for. These are quotes from my SFC's response to the marine Bill.

"The committee believes that income from rod licensing should be directed to sea fisheries committees"

"up to 66,000 Sea Anglers regularly participate in the sport throughout the committee's 225 mile coastal district, both onshore and offshore and adequately policing this level of recreational resource would require aditional staffing resources. Senior Officers anticipate that if NESFC takes on full responsibilities for enforcement of marine rod licencing, Inter tidal bait collection, new biological and environmental monitoring responsibilities and extended esturine jurisdictions, 5 additional staff would be required, as follows, at a total estimated additional cost of £152,000 as follows :

Second Mate (offshore) £28k

Crewman(offshore) £24k

Fishery Officer (land based) £24k

Fishery Officer (land Based) £24k

Research/scientific officer £22k

Travel & Subsidence £30k"

As a tackle shop owner you are right to be concerned. As someone from a small seaside town I made similar points to your own over a year back now - see here. You don't need me to point out what could happen. Same goes for Charter Skippers :rolleyes:

Edited by glennk

According to the draft Marine Bill, the EA would have extended responsibilities along our coast to include estuaries and river marks where sea fish and migratory species are encountered. This would give them some entitlement to RSA Licence funds.

Personally, I can see this whole thing backfiring on Defra and policing/administration will cost millions more than would be raised by licences themselves.

I've already ordered a set of golf clubs .......

B)

A sea angling licence would be nothing short of a disaster for sea angling in this country firstly your right to go down on the beach or onto a peir and to cast your line in would be taken away from you unless you paid for a licence and as far as charterboats area concerned it would be the end for a lot of skippers the feed back i have had from a lot of my customers is they will not pay for a sea angling licence the economic damage to tackle shops and charterboats would be through the roof somebody somewhere aint doing there sums VAT losses would be massive (portugal 66% ) on the down turnover in angling and i think would out way the revenue gained in the licence money, sea angling should be helped to grow not HINDERED once the ball and chain is put on 1 foot then the other ball and chain on the other foot will follow BAG LIMITS, BAIT DIGGIN RESTRICTIONS , CLOSED AREAS, you will have been had you will get nothing for your licence but restrictions its a golden opportunity for jobs for the boys brigade create more work for them at your expence.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

A sea angling licence would be nothing short of a disaster for sea angling in this country ............somebody somewhere aint doing there sums VAT losses would be massive

Isn't that what I've been posting for the last few years?

It's pointless talking about it on here. Write to your MP and tell them about it and the fact that you are concerned that those who claim to represent RSA's on this subject, are actually only furthering their own political agenda and do not represent your views.

http://www.parliament.uk/directories/hciolists/alms.cfm

Mention the loss of VAT revenue. Money is all this Government thinks about. Other people's money and how they can spend it.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Being a casual sea angler in the UK (like so many), I will not bother to buy a licence.

This will not stop me having the occasional trip, but I will not fish piers, populated areas, charter boats, etc.

I have enough tackle to last anyone's lifetime, so I will not need to frequent tackle shops.

If I hear that the Bailiffs start appearing everywhere, then I will pack in UK sea fishing.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "