Broadband Speed

Jim Roper

I have moved addresses and am no longer within sight of the telephone exchange, but about 1.5 miles from it.

According to the online speed testers, my download speed is now about double what it was. Usually 3.1Mb, although only 2.0Mb was offered.

The only changes in circumstances are:

No longer use a billing agent(Unicom) for phone line and calls ie. back to BT.

No longer use Eclipse as a broadband service provider ie. back to BT.

No longer use a phone line extension cable. Router is now about 3 ft from BT box.

Which is likely to have had the biggest affect on the connection speed.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• 2 weeks later...

So you're with BT? I'm just leaving!! fed up with waiting 40 mins to answer their phone and there being a waste of space muppet at the emnd when you do get through.

Its Virgin or Sky combined TV phone and Broadband package for me.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

So you're with BT? I'm just leaving!! fed up with waiting 40 mins to answer their phone and there being a waste of space muppet at the emnd when you do get through.

Dan

I think the answer is get hold of somebody in this country. The people in India appear to be on commission on what they can charge people. I've had all sorts of bills during the changeover and change of address and change of ISP and change from business to residential, keeping the same number, removing tags etc.

I have to get onto someone in the UK to get them cancelled.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

It's getting better!

214348764.png

My current Speedtest results on Tiscali 2Mb broadband are 1962/207

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

My current Speedtest results on Tiscali 2Mb broadband are 1962/207

Now 1679/213 Weird.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

mine seems to be getting better the longer im with bt, still very unhappy with the amount of time you have to wait for bt to answer, then get put on hold for ages, sometimes upto 50 mins.

220416186.png

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道