First Fishing Rod

islander

An army copper radio arial that should have been fixed on the landrover(loved to have seen thier faces when the radio didn't work). Only problem was couldn't stop the eyes falling off.

Pffft! 1st rod ?

At age 3 I dove into the local canal & resurfaced with a zander clenched between my teeth

Try & tell that to the youth today & they won't believe you ...

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

My first rod was given to me by a mate, ABu 464 heavy thing and the first fishing session was on the prom just over the road from the house, we used to get Dabs and Flounder, now the area has very few fish, but lots of sand !!!, funny how life turns out really, now i have 500 of the things in stock !

Solid glass 6 foot boat rod and a little f/s reel. No-one else in my family had ever fished, so my folks bought what they thought was right for me. Used from the beach in Pagham - in 2 years, I never caught anything other than crabs, but I was very happy. Now I'd be very unhappy if I caught crabs, and so would the wife, but that's another story. :D

Third year of trying, I could still only cast about 30 yards and the beach was very shallow. So I decided to cast out and walk back with the tide - hey presto - a lovely little plaice - bright red spots. It was on my Mum's birthday - I don't know who was more pleased about me catching my first fish. Mind you, I did bore them to tears for the rest of the evening. :rolleyes:

Next rod was a very floppy telescopic rod - caught loads of big gar on it in cornwall though - best fight from a fish I've ever had, because I had no control over it at all. :)

[ 18. August 2005, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Westie ]

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

A 6ft solid glass spining rod with a fixed spool reel with some cheap spinners a float and some crap hooks.

I believe my mum got it with embassy coupons and nearly smoked herself to death in the process.

Caught my first fish on it at North Shields Fish Quay a puddler. I then moved on to the Small Perch at Killy Lake

[ 18. August 2005, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Tony U ]

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.