AVG

IanR

Dave

It's better not to have more than one AV program installed and/or running, as they can conflict.

Remove McAfee using the "Add/Remove Programs" facility in Control Panel.

If you have any problems removing it, download the McAfee Consumer Removal Tool from here: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx...105&partner

Cheers

Ian.

Hallo Dave

I'll put it this way, I'd rather use none at all than use McAfee (or Norton). :angry:

And, unlike Chris, I've experienced no problems with either AVG Free or this Pro version, and currently that's on six machines: 2 x Windows 98, 2 x XP, 2 x Vista.

Happy New Year to you. :)

Cheers

Ian.

Ian, you misunderstand MOI!! AVG = NO problems!!

Grisoft support staff for the PRO version of AVG = CRAP. Hope this sets the record straight. (And the problem WAS A duff download from Grisoft by the way!!)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Just a thought, but anyone on a DIAL up will have the devils own problem of downloading AVG!! I actually have a disc which has the AVG files upon iy and can send you a copy should you wish. On installing and ruynning this version it WILL update itself from the internet.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I was in PC World the other day and saw somebody putting a copy of Norton Anti-virus in his basket. I just had to say "Don't do it" to him, but he took it anyway. Poor sod.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Riley (my little sis) was also seen doing the same but she assures me that Norton have done something and it works really well now, personally I think shes accidently switched it off!!!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com