Trout waters thetford-kings lynn area

norfolkfisher

Apart from the nar valley fisheries are there many or any other trout fisheries/rivers about? Or grayling although im not too sure if theres any within any sort of distance from here.

On the grayling front the river Nar had some sizeable fish in last time I fished it (several years ago). Not sure on how good stocks are but the individual size of some fish and water clarity mean it's well worth searching fish out to target, if that floats your boat!

• 2 weeks later...

I know that it's a bit out of your way, but you could try Rocklands Mere between Attleborough (sp. sorry having a spelling moment) and Watton. As for the river, have you tried the river at Fakenham. You can fish for free along parts of the river. John Wilsons, Where to fish in Norfolk gives you a good map of the free stretches. While I think about it, out that way there is the Norfolk fly fishers lakes out at Swanton Morley. I believe that it's a members water, but if you wish to join there I'm sure they will give you taster sessions so to speak. As with any thing if you don't ask you don't get.

I hope that this helps. Tight lines.

squibs

Edited by squibs
Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

• 1 month later...

Cheers for the help. I fished the setchey stretch of the nar the other day, and i'm not sure if the trout/ grayling go down that far towards the ouse, i couldnt see/catch any either way. I'll have to try the river further east. And i heard its quite good up towards fakenham for trout so thats definately the next stop.

Thanks for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers for the help. I fished the setchey stretch of the nar the other day, and i'm not sure if the trout/ grayling go down that far towards the ouse, i couldnt see/catch any either way. I'll have to try the river further east. And i heard its quite good up towards fakenham for trout so thats definately the next stop.

Thanks for the advice.

Try Rocklands Mere lovely place,small water 3 fish for £16, nice fish size for the price..and Norfolk and Suffolk fishery at East tuddenham..2 lakes very nice place and good fish,thats £16 for 4 fish just turn up and put your money in the envelopes provided and place in box...plenty of info on the site in the huts there....some big fish in there..try looking on internet at there site it's got all you need to know.

Try Rocklands Mere lovely place,small water 3 fish for £16, nice fish size for the price..and Norfolk and Suffolk fishery at East tuddenham..2 lakes very nice place and good fish,thats £16 for 4 fish just turn up and put your money in the envelopes provided and place in box...plenty of info on the site in the huts there....some big fish in there..try looking on internet at there site it's got all you need to know.

You may know this already Walcott, but James at Rocklands has put his fees up to £20 and has increased the bag limit to four fish per session. The season ticket is still the some as last year. He is also growing on some Trout so that there will be larger over wintered fish available. A good season ahead I feel.

Tight lines.

squibs

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?

You may know this already Walcott, but James at Rocklands has put his fees up to £20 and has increased the bag limit to four fish per session. The season ticket is still the some as last year. He is also growing on some Trout so that there will be larger over wintered fish available. A good season ahead I feel.

Tight lines.

squibs

Yes I fished the other week and saw them trout he was over wintering in his other pool...its the only time of year due to water flow so he was saying he can do it...they looked in nice condition and size to say he got them when they were 6" long..might see you there sometime then...might try tuddenham next week if it warms up abit.

Yes I fished the other week and saw them trout he was over wintering in his other pool...its the only time of year due to water flow so he was saying he can do it...they looked in nice condition and size to say he got them when they were 6" long..might see you there sometime then...might try tuddenham next week if it warms up abit.

I was thinking the same with reguard to the fish size. They'll look good once smoked on the plate.

I was at Rocklands this Monday gone. Wind, rain, hail and snow I must have been mad, but I bagged my quota of fish for the day. The wind was blowing from the top left hand side of the lake over the trees. This forced the fish into the two bays on the right hand side. Two stockies from there and interestingly one over wintered one from the reed bed at the top left. I lost a few flys, but it was a good learning day. I had to work for the fish.

Would you be good enought to post a small report on Tuddenham. I would be interested to hear how you got on.

Tight lines.

squibs

I was thinking the same with reguard to the fish size. They'll look good once smoked on the plate.

I was at Rocklands this Monday gone. Wind, rain, hail and snow I must have been mad, but I bagged my quota of fish for the day. The wind was blowing from the top left hand side of the lake over the trees. This forced the fish into the two bays on the right hand side. Two stockies from there and interestingly one over wintered one from the reed bed at the top left. I lost a few flys, but it was a good learning day. I had to work for the fish.

Would you be good enought to post a small report on Tuddenham. I would be interested to hear how you got on.

Tight lines.

squibs

Yes I will do if we go,think weathers got to change abit yet for it,might go to Rocklands as I have the shooting on the fields at the side of it if the wind is blowing for the pigeons then do abit of fishing aswell,its 40 mile for me to go there from Walcott,just abit less to Tuddenham which I think opens this weekend,where are you based.

Yes I will do if we go,think weathers got to change abit yet for it,might go to Rocklands as I have the shooting on the fields at the side of it if the wind is blowing for the pigeons then do abit of fishing aswell,its 40 mile for me to go there from Walcott,just abit less to Tuddenham which I think opens this weekend,where are you based.

Oh it's you who scares the poop out of me with the gun shots. :D There I am pursueing my fishing dreams. Bang, bang "what the". Me jumping makes flys work in odd ways. Come to think of it you might help to improve my hook up rate :clap2:

I'm from Wymondham, so Rocklands is a hawk and a spit for me. You have the some problem as I do when I want to go sea fishing. It's a trip worth making for me, but it depends on your circumstances. If our beloved leadership put the fuel prices up further, then I'll have to reconsider how far I have to travel. Either that or I'll have to take the train and do a lot more over night sea fishing.

Tight lines

squibs