For Those Astronomically Inclined...

Bobj

Here you go, mate, a bit of a sky chart as seen from Whitley Bay... Remember, The Plough is Ura Major

http://www.heavens-above.com/skychart.asp?...lt=3&tz=CET

He means Ursa Major, huh Bob ;-).

Hey Bob, did you take a good look at the Moon and Mars on Christmas Eve? I had my two kids out at half one in the morning for a squizz :)

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Her means Ursa Major, huh Bob ;-).

Hey Bob, did you take a good look at the Moon and Mars on Christmas Eve? I had my two kids out at half one in the morning for a squizz :)

Oh Pooh!! Forgot to proof read the guff that I wrote... <_<

There was cloud over Central Qld over Chrissie, mate. Did get a good look at the comets and the big galaxies on the 30th Dec.

Hence, the start of this thread.

Still trying to encourage you lot into looking at the night sky wonders.... :D

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Oh Pooh!! Forgot to proof read the guff that I wrote... <_<

There was cloud over Central Qld over Chrissie, mate. Did get a good look at the comets and the big galaxies on the 30th Dec.

Hence, the start of this thread.

Still trying to encourage you lot into looking at the night sky wonders.... :D

It is quite cloudy over Southampton tonight, which is a shame because Mars is in Gemini and I would be able to see it without getting up of me ass if it was clear. Last night was very good, even with the light pollution and me having no telescope. Have a good look at Mars whilst you can folks, it will be 2010 before it is as good as this again.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Stunning pic of Jupiter mate, I kept cocking my head round to the right so that I could see it the 'right way up'. It is p!ssing down tonight so no chance of seeing Mars again tonight :(

Edited by corydoras

Luc-Sur-Mer, the best resort on the Cote-de-Nacre

Mate, forgive an old fart.... But is that the french spelling for "The knackered Coast"???

Sorry, could not help it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Luc-Sur-Mer, the best resort on the Cote-de-Nacre

Mate, forgive an old fart.... But is that the french spelling for "The knackered Coast"???

Sorry, could not help it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Bob. No the knackered coast would be Le-Cote-Crevet. Nacre is an English word as well as a French word. It is another name for Mother of Pearl. Once the north coast of France was a big producer of Mother of Pearl hence the name Cote-de-Nacre, or the Mother of Pearl Coast. Oysters are still a big industry, I was over at Christmas and the supermarkets were selling 4 1/2 dozen oysters for about £7.

• 2 weeks later...
It is quite cloudy over Southampton tonight, which is a shame because Mars is in Gemini and I would be able to see it without getting up of me ass if it was clear. Last night was very good, even with the light pollution and me having no telescope. Have a good look at Mars whilst you can folks, it will be 2010 before it is as good as this again.

Was having a look at my usual astronomy forum and came across this link about light pollution.

The US of A is quite an eye opener!! :o :o

http://www.inquinamentoluminoso.it/worldatlas/pages/fig9.htm

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Brilliant site, Bob! (No pun intended!) Many thanks. :thumbs:

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net